What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

The latest album by The Paper Kites from Melbourne entitled At the Roadhouse. Gotta say I am loving it. Their best yet.
The video is one of the tracks off the album.

4 Likes

King Krule - Space Heavy

Don’t see many posts for King Krule, which is surprisingly given his talent.

A beautiful album something here for everyone.

4 Likes

Coffee, Wordle & ‘Yes’ this morning

13 Likes

St Germain Tourist / 2000 Blue Note / France CD x 2 / 724353367107

16 Likes

Kraftwerk - Die Mensch-Maschine
2009 Reissue

Starting Saturday with some Electro from the Godfathers of it. Possibly Germany‘s most influential Pop Group of all time.

Sound is fantastic, the soundstage is wide open. Fabulous pressing, bought it in 2015 for a twennie , nowadays a mission impossible.

Have all a great weekend! :blush:

22 Likes

Before the great new album of this trio with Tore

5 Likes

1st dip

11 Likes

Nice one @QuickSticks. I hadn’t listened to Brain Salad Surgery since my teens, which was quite some time ago. That copy I had then is sadly long lost, however about 6 months or so ago I stumbled across a mint first press copy at a local record fair and just had to buy it! I’m so glad I did as it sounds terrific and it took me back to my youth.

3 Likes

Duke Ellington and John Coltrane

Superb, easy slide into Saturday.

16 Likes

I am listening to the good suggestion of And The Universal Truth by Billy Valentine and wondering about music connections, which I know should be Stevie Wonder or even Joe Cocker or the city of Los Angeles.

Or Prince of course.

But then I go to queue Back to Front of Lionel Richie, a CD I bought in 1992 when it was first released. It was not possible to stream at the time and you had therefore to disclose a bit of yourself every time you bought a CD, which somehow amused me when I paid for Back to Front. Funny memory.

But now I am telling you about my age…

8 Likes

Rheingold - Rheingold
1980 Original German Pressing

This is like Kraftwerk meets New Wave or Post Punk in the beginning of the NDW (Neue Deutsche Welle) era. Maybe the most creative era in German mainstream music. This is one of the best albums. Music is fantastic with a fabulous soundstage. Produced by Conny Plank, who also worked with Eno, DAF, Eurythmics and Ultravox in these times. The Monster hit here is „Dreiklangsdimensionen“. Maybe rather unknown in the UK.

You still can buy this album for a bunch of Euros and it is worth every cent. I have a NM copy that still sounds amazing.

4 Likes

My pleasure. I wish I’d found a near mint 1st press copy in a Vinyl Fair.
I must get a copy on LP at some point🙂

1 Like

Nice return.
I love this as well

1 Like

milt jackson & john coltrane bags & trane / 2012 Atlantic / EU version of Japan CD / 8122797289

Milt Jackson Vibraphone
John Coltrane Tenor Saxophone
Hank Jones Piano
Paul Chambers Bass
Connie Kay Drums

12 Likes

Starting the day with the Giles Martin remixes

The Beatles - 1+.

18 Likes

:musical_note: :notes: :guitar:

24 Likes

Allan Holdsworth - I.O.U. - CD