What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Richard Barbieri / Tim Bowness - Flame - CD

Following on from AndyP earlier and No-man with Tim Bowness, had to dig this one out.

4 Likes

Deleted, please remove.

7 Likes

Dusty Springfield - Dusty in Memphis
Carpenters - Close to You

Wishing everyone a lovely end to the week :smiling_face:

13 Likes

Deleted, please remove.

4 Likes

Ry Cooder - Bop Till You Drop - CD

A blast from the past and the first Ry Cooder I owned on vinyl, long since replaced by the silver disc.

22 Likes

Great Sunday afternoon album

5 Likes

Massive Attack - Mezzanine
Portishead - Dummy

Wishing everyone a lovely end to the week :smiling_face:

26 Likes

On Vinyl:
71Fk1ZkbSzL.AC_UY327_FMwebp_QL65

11 Likes

Beirut – Gallipoli
vinyl|2019

6 Likes

Now playing…

Boz Scaggs - Middle Man

Boz Scaggs (Guitar, Vocals), Paulette Brown (Vocals), Rosemary Butler (Vocals), Lenny Castro (Percussion), Bill Champlin Vocals), Charlotte Crossley (Vocals), Venetta Fields (Vocals), David Foster (Keyboards, String Arrangements, Synthesizer), Don Grolnick (Keyboards, Piano, Electric Piano), James Newton Howard (Clavinet, Keyboards), David Hungate (Bass), Chuck Fingers Irwin (Vocals), David Lasley (Vocals), Steve Lukather (Guitar), Rick Marotta (Drums), David Paich (Keyboards, Organ, Synthesizer), Ray Parker, Jr. (Bass, Guitar), John Pierce (Bass), Jeff Porcaro (Drums), Sharon Redd (Vocals), Carlos Santana (Guitar), Adria Tapia (Saxophone), Bili Thedford (Vocals), Julia Tillman Waters (Vocals), Joe Vitale|Drums) and Oren Waters (Vocals).

Streaming on Qobuz (192/24)… kicking off this Sunday morning with ‘Boz’ and he and his talented group of musicians working with him are sounding mighty sweet!

18 Likes

On Vinyl:
61pZdBZsnrL.AC_UY327_FMwebp_QL65

28 Likes

Joy Division - Closer.

23 Likes

:+1: Not sure why they’re unfashionable as they produced some great albums (especially their debut), perhaps record snobery!

1 Like

Really digging this guy at the moment.

Current British jazz doesn’t get much better.

Chip Wickham - Astral Travelling

11 Likes

Sam Beam & Jesca Hoop – Love Letter For Fire
vinyl|2016

Indie rock. I have had this album for a few years and never listened to it until today. My loss, really enjoyable. Giving it a second spin. Sam Beam is Iron & Wine.

1 Like

On Chip Wickham’s latest offering Love & Life there is an amazing trumpet player.

I had to track him down. Another slice of current British jazz which is just brilliant.

Malcolm Strachen - Point of No Return

6 Likes

A great album ……but i post because he has a gig at the Jazz cafe in Camden, on October 9 th.

7 Likes

One is pleasant but after that it gets a bit cocktails round the piano.

Nice recordings.
Playing cd1 now

5 Likes

PJ Harvey - To Bring You My Love.

12 Likes