What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Maybe a continued reaction, amongst some, to the undeniable overexposure they experienced from MTV onwards?

3 Likes

Big Red Machine: How Long Do You Think It’s Gonna Last?

2 Likes

Robert Palmer - Clues - CD

First purchased on an Island Records Cassette (Super Chrome if I’ve remembered correctly) on the 26th September it will be 20 years since he passed away.

18 Likes

I think side 2 is especially good!

Ah you French just don’t get the current British jazz scene.

1 Like

Grace Jones - Island Life.

24 Likes

I think you have to recognise Yellow Submarine for what it is imho. It is a brilliantly catchy song for kids, ( and adults), full of innovation and fun. The sound of a brilliant band producing an effortless classic, still known by nearly everybody. There are very few bands that could have come up with it, imho. Number 1 for good reason.

3 Likes

Finishing the weekend in style:

Robert Palmer - Riptide - CD

18 Likes

LP - east-west records 1988 : )

John Lewis - steinway piano
Milt Jackson - vibraharp
Percy Heath - bass
Connie Kay - drums & percussion

Recorded at RCA Studio, New York / 1st - 3rd February 1988

8 Likes

I probably don’t listen to enough classical music and on the basis of this performance/recording I need to rectify that. Really quite remarkable!

6 Likes

Aye, the RTC is on again …

11 Likes

Speaking of Young Neil, a very nice postman dropped off Neil Young and Crazy Horse’s LP ‘Odeon Budokan’, recorded in London and Tokyo in 1976, with songs such as ‘After The Goldrush’, ‘Cowgirl In The Sand’ and ‘Cortez The Killer’.

It should be bl**dy good!

The LP was released in 2020, but I had never heard of it before. I will give it a spin very soon, probably later tonight.

6 Likes

Julien Baker – Turn Out The Lights
vinyl|2017

6 Likes

Is that recording of the Rodrigo ‘Concierto de Aranjuez’?

I recently got an LP with the great flamenco guitarist Paco de Lucia playing.

1 Like

Bob Dylan - Street Legal.

18 Likes

Granted, but I still think there are better songs that could conclude that compilation.

1 Like

Interestingly, I read that Lennon and Klein selected the tracks for the Red and Blue albums, PM was not involved.

2 Likes

It is indeed. Released on Qobuz quite recently. Beautiful recording and tone on the guitar. Makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up!

Fourplay, heartfelt. :smiling_face:

5 Likes