What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Listening to this for the first time this evening. Reverb tails brilliantly rendered by my new Supernait 3!

Slowdive - Everything Is Alive

10 Likes

Blind Ego, Preaching to the Choir, 2020 | Prog Rock | Flac 24-44

Blind Ego is the “solo” side project of RPWL guitarist Karlheinz “Kalle” WALLNER. Wallner states that the Ego part of the name is derived from his desire to make music from a very personal space. He says that Blind comes from his total commitment to this solo work.

2 Likes

Thin Lizzy - Johnny the Fox
Brilliant album…

15 Likes

Well, I’m loving this, even though we don’t have a piano, and it’s way too early for cocktails. Give it an hour…

7 Likes

Home at last, just fired up my gear and thought I’d play this - The Coral Coral Island. New to me and so far I’m impressed.

11 Likes

Early gym today. Didn’t relish it, but this got me through. The Weather Station - Ignorance.

5 Likes

Tangerine Dream - The Virgin Years - 2011
CD rip

Just disc one of the three as it’s Phaedra and Rubycon. The only one out of these five Virgin albums I don’t own on vinyl is Stratosphere, possibly the reason for buying this in the first place?

16 Likes

The Doors - The Soft Parade - Bonus Tracks CD

14 Likes

Tin Machine - Tin Machine II

14 Likes

Great album - the take on Roxy’s If There Was Something is amazing. I have still have the tour T-Shirt.

2 Likes

Pat’s first from 1976.
It sold 900 copies on release, no doubt a couple more were shipped during the 80’s :rofl:

15 Likes

Boz Scaggs - Silk Degrees. 2023 remaster, 192/24 on Qobuz.

22 Likes

The Doors - Morrison Hotel - CD

20 Likes

A little known bass player!

15 Likes

What a fantastic album, maybe their best?

There was a programme on TV recently about the making of the album, and the difficulty of shooting that cover shot. Essentially, the (very grumpy) owner wasn’t interested, and refused to let the musicians into the hotel for the photograph. But they sneaked in anyway, when he took a lift to go upstairs (the bright white rectangular light is for the lift).

He must have had a WTF moment when he saw the album cover!

3 Likes

The Carpenters, Carpenters Gold (35th anniversary edn). Always think of my late pooch when I play make believe it’s your first time. And just so happen a close mate of mine had to put his little pom down today. So sad. :face_holding_back_tears:

12 Likes

Its a great album, I have been listening to the The Soft Parade this morning, and can see where you’re coming from regarding the stripped back tracks, a lot better and give Jim’s voice space, if that makes sense.

2 Likes

I think that it is - by some distance - the weakest of The Doors’ six studio albums, but the ‘stripped’ version is such an improvement on the brass-saturated original.

2 Likes

Original release,probably 20 years since I’ve played it,but having a trawl through the older albums.
Prompted by a feature in Record Collector.

9 Likes

Anna Ternheim… enjoyed her downtempo cover of ‘Dancing with Tears in my eyes’ which was released recently so giving her last album a listen.

3 Likes