What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

The wreck of the Exxon Valdez insured by Marine 475 and Lloyds of London syndicate members Alder and Fenwick facing ruin if a call was made on their finances (under Lloyds membership rules). They owned Crimson’s EG record label and stopped royalties to all their artists…

4 Likes

Whoops, finger slipped - was going to say I bet it sounds fantastic on your 500.

1 Like

Me too @Anonymoot :upside_down_face:

1 Like

@Steve_S and @Anonymoot yes when I played the album and heard the lyrics I couldn’t believe my ears.

Went into the office the next day and showed the lyrics to one of our underwriters - he said old Terry in the corner used to work for 475.

Dear old Fripp paying out on Exxon Valdez and Hurricane Hugo.

3 Likes

Waxahatchee – Saint Cloud
vinyl|2020

11 Likes

Playing on CD - Fabulous Prog from Renaissance

13 Likes

I love reading articles like this, such amazing detail! Bob’s potted history, Dorset style.

2 Likes

Not a band I’m familiar with, really, but growing on me. Second listen to this. Sounds rather good on the DAC V1/NAP 100 set up.

13 Likes

Most interesting. I’ve saved it to read it in its entirety at a later date. Thanks for sharing!:sunglasses:

1 Like

The great work of the Live Jazz Lounge to make live recordings of jazz concerts accessible, at mostly very acceptable quality…

6 Likes

Now Playing…

Nanci Griffith - Poet In My Window

Nanci Griffith (Acoustic Guitar, Vocals), Brian Wood (Acoustic Guitar, Pedal Steel, Vocals), Wells Young (Piano, Synthesizer, Bass), Eric Taylor (Bass), Evelyne Taylor (Vocals), John Hill (Drums), The Gulf Coasters: Marlin Griffith (Tenor Vocals), Al Copp (Bass Vocals), John Grosnick (Lead Vocals) and D-ick Blatter (Baritone Vocals).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… kicking off this Monday morning with this new release, August 29th, from Nanci, and she along with the talented group of musicians supporting her are sounding mighty sweet!

10 Likes

It’s a good album.

One of my favourite bands, Scottish outfit The Silencers. This is a really good compilation taken from their first 5 (and best) albums.

Glorious melodic rock - they should have been huge!

4 Likes

Maggie Rogers – Heard It In A Past Life
vinyl|2019

5 Likes

Yes, just listened to the whole thing and did enjoy the music very much. My initial reservation was with the vocals, but I seem to be adapting. Funny stuff, music - when I worked in the musical instrument museum, one of the students came in and played a very old and famous recorder which had a different tuning to modern instruments. I thought it sounded very off-key, but she kept coming back every day, and by the end of term I not only thought it sounded perfect, I couldn’t really understand why I hadn’t liked it at first. Sure I’ll end up loving Bruce’s tone.

2 Likes

Sade - Diamond Life.
These guys and Sade’s voice have enthralled me ever since they burst on to the scene in 1984, and they continue to enthral me to this day.

24 Likes

The Rolling Stones - Exile On Main Street - CD

19 Likes

Rod Picott - Tiger Tom Dixon’s Blues

3 Likes

Eagerly awaited, worldwide, you cheeky monkey! :zipper_mouth_face:

1 Like

Saint Saëns - Jinjoo Chó, Mathieu Herzog

4 Likes