What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Colin Meloy – Colin Meloy Sings Together
vinyl|2022

The Decemberists front man, collection of EPs where he sings the songs of Morrissey, Shirley Collins, Sam Cooke, and The Kinks.

6 Likes

Switzerland’s mighty Young Gods, and their second LP, L’Eau Rouge - original vinyl pressing:

5 Likes

21 Likes

The other one, as good as the one before

2 Likes

Don Henley | The End of the Innocence | 1989
Because I just fancied some Henley, I almost went for his Best Of Actual Miles but this album got the nod.

14 Likes

You not got your copy yet Dave😉

1 Like

No yet, ken … … … soon, but. :scotland:

1 Like

Aranjuez - Thaibaut Garcia & Orchestre national du Capitole de Toulouse.

7 Likes

Looking forward to this……i have yet to see them live……i might pay some bucks this time

3 Likes

Chinatown - Soundtrack

Trumpet playing on this album by Uan Rasay is something I could listen to all day.

A masterpiece.

9 Likes

As I mentioned earlier, and I don’t know whether it’s because of the very clever teaser campaign, but I’m looking forward to this one every bit as much as I did as an eighteen year old, when a new Stones album was a major event.

Or maybe it’s more that “Blue & Lonesome” was so unexpectedly good.

5 Likes

Why? Just catching up on an excellent artist that had passed me by until recently.

18 Likes

Oh yes, wasn’t it just that @dave-marshall

2 Likes

Jakob Dylan & Various Artists: Echo In The Canyon

Soundtrack to the documentary, which I found thoroughly enjoyable. Particularly memorable is Jade Castrinos’ performing “Go Where You Wanna Go” with a raw power not quite there in the studio recording.

4 Likes

Salome Leclerc, mille ouvrages mon coeur, 2021 | Bandcamp | Flac 16-44

Après trois albums salués par la critique au Québec et en Europe, récipiendaire des prix Félix-Leclerc, Charles-Cros, Rapsat-Lelièvre et Espoir FEQ, Salomé Leclerc propose un quatrième album. Pour Mille ouvrages mon cœur, l’autrice-compositrice se dévoile un peu plus et poursuit la recherche de ce singulier filon à la fois brut et arrangé en laissant une place importante aux hasards et aux heureux accidents. Elle sait à la fois travailler sa solitude et exacerber sa présence en explosant doucement.

Excellent et envoutant.

2 Likes

Lovely review. I shall listen later.

1 Like

Rod Picott & Amanda Shires - Sew Your Heart With Wires

1 Like

Don Henley | Building the Perfecty Beast | 1984
One Henley album wasn’t enough…

13 Likes

John Mayer - Continuum.

10 Likes

This a very expensive release and whilst I like to support an artist there is a limit.

I think I may have got one over on old Neil. Essentially all the tracks on this album have been released before apart from four tracks

Too Far Gone
Hold Back The Tears
Stringman
Sedan Delivery

You can buy these tracks individually for about £1.50 and bag the album for about £6 (adding the remaining from your Neil Young released albums) rather than the £15+ it’s going for.

11 Likes