What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

1970 - Coryell, McLaughlin, Vitous, Cobham // Spaces

8 Likes

Then was reading the magazine Stereophile, in which this one mentioned in the context of listening to recordings, and I actually like it…

6 Likes

This is another fine album I listened to later while reading further in stereophile. It again shows how I can enjoy different music styles in one evening….

3 Likes

That’s better (than what?) ……

Ending with this one. I was years ago sceptical to a trio setup with only a sax as melodic instrument, but since then have heard quite a number of fantastic albums to start liking it. If this one is going to become part of the liked albums remains to be seen as it’s my first listen to this one….

6 Likes

Sorry… than the circus act New Gold Dream mentioned a few post earlier.

Yours is the original masterpiece!

2 Likes

I haven’t played it for years I’d forgotten how good it is, cheers.

1 Like

Snap! Great album.

1 Like

John Prine - Bruised Orange - CD

Johns 5th Album and everything came together again

7 Likes

We were lucky to have unintentionally ended up staying on the waterfront on Christopher Columbus Day. The crowds were enormous and there was a spectacular air show, both civil and military planes flying up the harbour so low you could almost touch them. One of the best days I’ve had away.

3 Likes

51-Q0H2q1GL.AC
The Derek Trucks Band - Live At Georgia Theatre.

8 Likes

Alison Moyet, Alf. Thank you @AlanP for jogging memory. :blush:

15 Likes

Alexander ‘Skip’ Spence - Oar

Skip had been a member of Jefferson Airplane and Moby Grape before releasing his one and only solo album.

IMG_8010

6 Likes

On days like that, there are few other places you’d rather be, right?

I obviously need to get to Sydney…

1 Like

Pat Metheny, dream box. :smiling_face:

9 Likes

51pBZgDeUYL.AC
Martin Taylor - Nitelife.

6 Likes

Joseph Williams - Denizen Tenant - CD

2 Likes

The Sonoran desert is a very special place. I enjoyed 22 years living in Phoenix and Flagstaff and it never lost its awe inspiring abilities. Arizona itself is a very special place, and I have learned to appreciate having four seasons and abundant greenery all the more for it! (god, I miss the food though)

1 Like

Arizona is one my favourite States. Met some lovely people there - would love to go back. I miss the food too!

I also really like NM and Wyoming, SD for the Crazy Horse Monument (won’t be finished in my lifetime sadly).

There are some beautiful places in the US.

3 Likes

John Peel - circa 1978/79.
Includes the passions, the clash, the members, joy division, the modettes, wah heat, comsat angels… and JP himself.

I really miss his radio shows, and so glad I have a few on tape.

12 Likes