What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Usually regarded as ‘No’ to Yes diehards, but I have a soft spot. It’s their ‘Momentary Lapse of Reason’ I always think.

G

20 Likes

Mrs QS and I love this album.
I am a true ‘Die Hard’ Yes fan, but still really like this album. Agreed, it’s no ‘Close to the Edge’…:man_shrugging:t2:

4 Likes

Tom Misch Geography / 2018 Beyond The Groove / EU CD / BTG020CD

Tom has done some interesting collaborations since this recording, but for me the completeness of this one has yet to be surpassed.

7 Likes

Just plucked out a few I have not listened to for a while !

8 Likes

EG Kight - Sticks & Strings

3 Likes

I haven’t played this since 282/250/S400 days. Jeez it sounds superb!

G

15 Likes

I’m guessing Songs of Leonard Cohen is also a favourite

3 Likes

Pink Floyd - The Dark Side of the Moon (50th Anniversary)

Playing the 24bit, 192kHz version on Qobuz. I’m still not convinced I need another version, particularly since this doesn’t (yet) sound as good as the Grundman remaster on vinyl from 2016.

28 Likes

Enjoying on CD

10 Likes

I’ve yet to hear a good ‘digital’ DSoTM. The ‘BBC Live’ version sounds best of all to me….so far.

G

I don’t think this one is anything particularly special either. The best I’ve heard is the Grundman 2016 version, which, AFAIK, is vinyl only. There’s also that nostalgic element associated with playing a record, which feels appropriate for this album.

1 Like

Another great ‘freebie’! I’ve managed to find half a dozen of them (Hendrix, Cash, Stereophonics etc) as I subscribed to The Times back then, a good move as it turned out.
Saw them on this ‘reunion’ tour, brilliant :+1:

5 Likes

Yeah but that not what I’d call sunny. :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

David Sanborn Voyeur / 2014 Warner / EU version of Japan CD / 8122795677

David Sanborn Alto Saxophone
Buzzy Feiten, Hiram Bullock Guitar
Lenny Castro, Ralph MacDonald Percussion
Michael Colina Synthesizer
Marcus Miller Bass
Steve Gadd, Buddy Williams Drums

5 Likes

Big fan here. Cinema is terrific prog.

2 Likes

The new Roisin Murphy album - Hit Parade. Up to her usual excellent standards and fab SQ. Really testing the bass on my PMC’s

6 Likes

The thing that always puzzles me about DSOTM is the subterranean bass on Speak to Me that would not have been heard fully by any domestic hi fi system at the time. A generous bit of recording.

Jeff Buckley - Grace
A second listen. First one was a couple of weeks ago and I enjoyed it. Back for a more in depth listen this time…:thinking:

14 Likes

A new remaster of SFA’s 2003 Phantom Power. Contains a fantastic anti-war song - ‘Piccolo Snare’ and the best song they ever wrote (IMO) - ‘Slow Life’. Also has an outrageous 23 minute hard techno version of ‘The Man Don’t Give a Fck’ recorded live at Hammersmith Odeon in 2003 (I’m in the crowd!)

8 Likes

Ministry Of Sound the chillout session ibiza sunsets / 2003 MOS / UK CD x 2 / MOSCD68

Weather appropriate tunes including Talk Talk, Nightmares On Wax, Chicane, Aphex Twin, Happy Mondays, The Stone Roses, Groove Armada, The Orb, The Beloved, and The Future Sound Of London.

6 Likes