What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

I have made up the following versions of the Tusk album. It is a great album completely spoilt by Lindsey banging on cardboard boxes.

Cardboard boxes when you have the great Mick Fleetwood in the band.

2 Likes

Sadly various diversions carried me away from the music this evening.
Did manage to cram in Johnny the Fox before cooking tonight’s chilli :yum:

2 Likes

What would Mick know……an album that has great tracks.

1 Like

Some Julia Fordham, and live

6 Likes

5 Likes

I forgot I bought this We want Sounds reissue of Meiko Kaji’s classic Hajiki Uta some time ago. Better listen to it!

3 Likes

Buffalo Springfield/Buffalo Springfield again.
Back to back.

17 Likes

Eric Clapton - Reptile, on hdcd.

7 Likes

Our next door neighbours sent a picture of our loire blue Jag covered in Sahara sand. - so has to be … Sublime

21 Likes

Dire Straits - Making Movies.

28 Likes

2nd Album from this Irish band, that evolved from Little Green Cars, with Faye O’Rouke taking up the song writing and main vocals.

Honoured to be at the Album launch party last, in Dublin town till late.

I played that, and Focus 3, yesterday. Jan Akkerman doesn’t get the praise that he deserves as a guitarist.

(I saw Focus play in Edinburgh’s Usher Hall when I was a schoolboy.)

6 Likes

11 Likes

Big fan of the Mac through all its guises, the Peter Green era and the golden period before Buckingham & Nicks joined.

This for me is their best album.

Starting with Danny Kirwin’s gorgeous ‘Woman of a 1,000 years’ which is followed by Christine McVie’s ‘Morning Rain’ a glimpse of what was to come - a song that wouldn’t been out of place on the Fleetwood Mac album in 1975.

Then Bob Welch’s stunning title track.

Fleetwood Mac - Future Games (1971)

18 Likes

We were having a heated conversation earlier: what’s The Sylv’s masterpiece? Is it 1987’s Secrets Of The Beehive? Or 2003’s desolate Blemish? Only one way to find out, and that’s to play 'em back to back, on vinyl!

See you later…

16 Likes

The Zutons - Who Killed… The Zutons.

7 Likes

20 Likes

‘Power Windows’ - Rush

Arrived back in Exeter on the hottest day of the year (!) to find that this gem from '85 had been delivered. One of my favourite LPs from the Canuck trio.

7 Likes

8 Likes