What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

The Songs of Bob Dylan, Chimes of Freedom, 2012.

73 Dylan’s songs by his friends for Amnesty International.

4 Likes

On Vinyl:-

Alanis Morissette - Jagged Little Pill

20 Likes

Now Playing…

Matthew Halsall - An Ever Changing View

Matthew Halsall (Trumpet, Piano, Kalimba, Glockenspiel, Celeste, Percussion, Looped Piano, Rhodes and Piano Effects, Chimes, Gongs, Bells, Log Drum, Field Recordings, Matthew Cliffe (Flute, Alto Saxophone), Chip Wickham (Woodwinds, Soprano Saxophone, Flute), Alice Roberts (Harp), Maddie Herbert (Harp), Liviu Gheorghe (Piano, Rhodes), Jasper Green (Keyboards, Rhodes), Gavin Barras (Acoustic Bass), Alan Taylor (Drums), Jack McCarthy (Percussion, Congas), Sam Bell (Percussion, Congas), Chris Davies (Percussion, Xylophon) and Caitlin Lang (Vocals).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… kicking off this morning with Matthew Halsall with his new release, September 7th, and he and the band are sounding sublime! One beautiful album…

14 Likes

Angry - The Rolling Stones.

Keef & Co. fair beltin’ it out across North Yorks. on this fine, sunny afternoon.

LOUD! … … … is there any other way, where The Stones are concerned?

12 Likes

PMG - first album

Perfect for this hot weather!

16 Likes

Roísín Murphy - Hit Parade. Hope the brouhaha doesn’t put too many people off from listening to this excellent album.

6 Likes

Hiromi - Voice - CD

Seeing @Blacknote 10 albums you listen to the Most and his listing of Hiromi, well there was only one thing to do.

6 Likes

I can only agree!
What a great album, it’s also very well recorded, Telarc did a great job.

Tangerine Dream - Stratosfear

Another hot weather album but a completely different style, I was going to play the ever-safe Phaedra, but then spotted this, which scarcely gets played.

19 Likes

Muddy Water Blues - Paul Rodgers.

Paul’s tribute to Muddy Waters, together with an additional album of Free and Bad Company choons.

Belter!

Still LOUD, here at Chez Dave.

17 Likes

Dave, what are you going for?, I’ve preordered the cd/blu-ray set. The cd is bound to be brickwalled, so hopefully the hi-rez on the blu-ray will be the business.

1 Like

Yes, that’s what I’m planning too, and for now, the single via Tidal is keeping me going.

That riff … … … … proper Keef earworm, innit.

2 Likes

I’ve listened to it twice now, but trying not to wear it out before the album. I ordered at £75 hoping there would be a price drop and it’s now down to £55, should have ordered when I first saw it at £46. I mentioned it to my wife, just to keep her in the loop, she looked at me as if to say " it’s The Stones, what are you fannying around for?" Ah well, its only money! :grinning:

4 Likes

@dave-marshall we could hear you in West Yorks! its a great track :+1:

2 Likes

(Don’t Fear) The Reaper - Blue Oyster Cult

14 Likes

And she’s right … … … … my kind of gal. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I mentioned it over on the “Diamonds” thread :

“Just cannot get that riff out of my head … … … this is how it used to work when I was seventeen years old … … … The Riffmeister driving me daft until the record shop on the corner finally started selling the latest single.”

As for the album, well we’re back in the days when a new Stones album was a major event.

Great, innit.

5 Likes

16 Likes

Amy Winehouse - Back To Black - CD

21 Likes

Tusk - Fleetwood Mac

22 Likes

Hey QS, how about a bit more Santana

Caravanserai.

27 Likes