What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Shostakovich String Quartets / Emerson Quartet

Playing the third disc from this set, quartets 7,8,9,10. Currently playing no. 7, which is incredibly intense, moving and beautiful music.

7 Likes

I listened to Rachel Podger’s Le Quattro Stagioni last week (on vinyl) very good

4 Likes

Edward Simon Group Beauty Within / 1994 Audioquest / US CD / AQCD1025

4 Likes

I tried that one too, but enjoyed it less than I thought I would. Not horrible, but not as good as some I have heard.

Nice selection of numbers on this CD compilation.

11 Likes

Ashton, Gardner and Dyke

6 Likes

It’s going to be a busy day, with Mrs QS’s new office furniture being delivered & installed.
Sadly main unit has had to go back to the workshop as it doesn’t fit through the door🤦🏽‍♂️
Taking the short delay as an opportunity to listen to the Steven Wilson mix of Aqualung in HiRes

Cabinet Maker will be back soon with the suitably ’Finagled’ unit to try again🤞🏼

18 Likes

Lucinda Williams - West - CD

14 Likes

At least you can have it modified - my American style fridge freezer on the other hand…:face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

Did you try taking the doors off the appliance?
Had to arrange that for customers in the past, when I worked for a well known UK Electrical Retailer.

Tried everything bar sawing the newel post in half. Fearing a Dirk Gently’s sofa situation, settled for two stand alones. Ah well

1 Like

1955 Live recording with Kenny Dorham at trumpet, and Hank Mobley at saxophone, nice! 1958 was a studio recording.

Larry Carlton Alone / But Never Alone / 1986 MCA / US CD / MCAD5689

Larry’s solo version of The Lords Prayer sounding exquisite this morning… :grinning:

8 Likes

Lucinda Williams - Car Wheels On A Gravel Road - CD

22 Likes

@Cmax

That album was one of my soundtracks during one of our ‘drive-round’ America trips. A goodie.

2 Likes

Postman brought this lot just now, £18 the lot with free delivery. Love World of Books. Going with the Clapton/Cale Tribute first.

15 Likes

Hope its brought back some great memories of your trip, she’s got a great voice

Playing on CD - Delicate and beautiful piano pieces on Naxos

7 Likes

@Cmax

Lots of motels, lol.
But…yeah, the album’s evocative of some great places and journeys.

She has indeed.

1 Like

With all possible trimming performed it still didn’t fit.
Cabinet Maker feels very disappointed in himself and has gone away to rework the solution and will return tomorrow :man_facepalming:t2:

1 Like