What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

You’ll get there! Stick some Rush on and chill!

1 Like

Hugely impressed with this Audiolab CDT. Pulls out so much detail - add in the rhythmic drive of the Nova and it’s just magic. Daft Punk - Random Access Memories

12 Likes

Underworld Beaucoup Fish / 1999 JBO / Japan CD No OBI / V2CI30

7 Likes

Steve Earle - Copperhead Road, first UK pressing. An album that’s perhaps an under appreciated slice of Country Rock / Americana in the UK - first introduced to me by a work colleague and enjoyed it ever since. Cracking sounding LP too.

17 Likes

…went for some Barclay James Harvest after putting all SWMBO paraphernalia back in the office, but definitely will put some Rush on later I think😉

12 Likes

Angry - The Rolling Stones.

Getting at least a couple of plays daily, and probably will continue to do so until the album release.

Still great, … … … … still LOUD!

17 Likes

CTI Records - The Cool Revolution.

A great introduction to CTi records for those of us who need an introduction. Listening to a selection of tunes from a rip of the 4 CD box set. Also available on Qobuz. I wish Qobuz split box sets into individual CDs/albums. Red Clay by Freddie Hubbard just now. What a beautiful relaxing track.

6 Likes

Aimee Mann – The Forgotten Arm
CD rip|2005

Haven’t played this as much as her other albums, so starting the day with it.

9 Likes

Would recognise that bald head anywhere Andy but this album slipped under my radar. Big fan of Frank. I’m not clued up but I have queued up.

1 Like

It’s a great album, and this is spooky, I too was introduced to him by a work colleague.

1 Like

First spin…

Limited Edition “Crystal Clear “ vinyl… :+1:t3: :sunglasses: :notes: :grinning:
Pleasantly surprised, flat and clean vinyl and good quality.

21 Likes

Miles Davis. Bitches brew.
Back then I wasn’t really a fan of Jazz but after hearing a few notes of this I was hooked. Played again and again and again. Discover something new every time I play it.
Miles assisted by some incredible musicians .

26 Likes

Ok, time for some Rush!
A Farewell To Kings followed by Hemispheres, as it should always be😊

13 Likes

Bruce Springsteen - Tunnel Of Love, first uk pressing. Perhaps not his most revered album, but I love this record, and unlike most of Brucy’s rekids, this sounds superb on vinyl. Bought on the week of release from HMV in Brighton, so so long ago.

20 Likes

is the Swordfishtrombones remaster much different sounding to the original?

Aoife O’Donovan – Fossils
CD rip|2013

Sticking with the A’s on the Astell&Kern. Haven’t listened to this in a bit.

7 Likes

Snap! why this isn’t up there with Bruce’s other albums, I don’t know, but could listen to this on repeat all day! In my top 10 albums list.

1 Like

Lucinda Williams - The Ghost Of Highway 20 - Double CD

13 Likes

Agree, it’s an absolute gem. Perhaps it’s not as popular, as it came after such a commercially massive record, and with its downbeat melancholy tone chronicling a failed marriage, it would never be as accessible as Born In The USA. Def top three Brucy for me… Darkness, Born To Run then Tunnel Of Love.

2 Likes

And maybe The river?

2 Likes