What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Kinda the wrong thread, but currently listening to John Etheridge’s Zapatistas at Pizza Express in Dean Street. Table, food, drink, talented people playing the sh*t out of their instruments, roomfull of Zappa/jazz fans. I’ll take a dozen, please.

5 Likes

Queens of the Stone age . . . . Like Clockwork
51I8OJkSCNL.AC_UY436_QL65

9 Likes

Danielle Miraglia, bright shining stars. :smiling_face:

4 Likes

The relaunch of the man’s career. Brilliant.

9 Likes

Flower Kings : Look at you now

I usually like the Flower Kings and I have a couple but my first spin of this one was a bit hmmmm not sure. I couldn’t actually make it to the end. Maybe I need to listen to it properly when I am not doing anything else at the same time.

Did you like it?

2 Likes

The Police - Outlandos d’Amour.

27 Likes

The Tubes debut album from 1975 produced by Al Kooper. Side 2 formed the mainstay of their live act ending with the classic ‘White Punks on Dope’

I bought the White Punks on Dope EP in 1976 - that operatic finish give me a WPOD and the still quotable (by me) “ Aki no Tetoron wa Teijin des"

The Hi Res is very good indeed compared with my CD rip.

15 Likes

Would that be Annie Whitehead on trombone? Love her solo albums & her work with Robert Wyatt, Soupsongs being a great live album. Wish she’d recorded more solo stuff. If it’s not Annie, ignore me.

Just received this. Craft pressing.
So different to my CD and streaming versions.
Immediacy - it’s like being there.

17 Likes

Mickey Newbury - Frisco Mabel Joy - CD

With the proper arrangement of An American Trilogy.

7 Likes

s-l500
The Rolling Stones - Steel Wheels.

19 Likes

It is indeed. Insanely talented. Great night.

1 Like

As we walked towards Hammersmith Odeon, the marquee said: The Tubes - Intelligent Rock &Roll. That’s what I love.

2 Likes

Great stuff. We only get tribute bands round our way.

1 Like

Front 242…brilliantly heavy live!

Possibly the loudest yet clearest gig I’ve ever been at (a long time ago, when my ears still worked.) Memorable gig.

3 Likes

5 Likes

4 Likes

Lukewarm, I could listen to the end, but it didn’t blow me away. I belief it also has to do with the fact that you hear the signature sound again, perfect but not looking for new alleys.

Their best album by some distance, I think. I listened to that LP yesterday.

(I find that I have two brand new copies, which I can’t account for.)