What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

I need to get a copy of this. My original is quite old and a little tired these days. Mind you I haven’t played it in quite a while…:thinking:

1 Like

Bob Dylan - Blonde on Blonde

I’ve played a few Dylan albums today. This may not be my favourite, but I know it is for many. Listening to it this afternoon I can’t help thinking that it must have been used as a test album on the ND555 because it sounds SO good, with really clear sound with depth and extending outside the speakers too.

26 Likes

JJ Cale - Naturally. The Clapton “Tribute to…” CD I acquired the other day reminded me that I don’t listen to the man himself often enough, so rectifying that now.

22 Likes

A bit of Pat

15 Likes

Jethro Tull - Benefit - 1970

Why? Well, using Rush as an example, a band I used to play a lot years ago then abandoned for some inexplicable reason. Similarly a fabulous and original archive of music that’s a treat to revisit.

16 Likes

The Who - The Who Sell Out - CD

17 Likes

Now playing…

Rickie Lee Jones - Pieces of Treasure

Rickie Lee Jones (Vocals), Mike Dillon (Bowed Vibes), Ara Dinkjian (Oud), Jon Herington (Acoustic Guitar), Mike Mainieri (Bowed Vibes), Russell Malone (Guitar), Mark McLean (Drums), Rob Mounsey (Piano), Ryan Roberts (Oboe), Scott Robinson (Alto Saxophone, Baritone Saxophone, Trumpet) and David Wong (Bass).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… kicking off this Tuesday morning with Rickie and she and the band are sounding simply marvelous! One fine album…

19 Likes

Morphine – Live At The Warfield 1997
vinyl|2017

Alternative rock. 2xLP.

4 Likes

Mark Lanegan - Blues Funeral, CD rip. That voice, wow.

12 Likes

20 Likes

Kenny Burrell - On View at the Five Spot Cafe

I’m gathering quite a few recordings from the Five Spot. I love the atmosphere that was captured on tape there, but the piano tuning never gets any better!

13 Likes

Now playing…

Public Service Broadcasting / BBC Symphony Orchestra - This New Noise

BBC SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA: Stephen Bryant (Violin), Cellerina Park (Violin), Jeremy Martin (Violin), Celia Waterhouse (Violin), Colin Huber (Violin), Shirley Turner (Violin), Ni Do (Violin), Molly Cockburn (Violin), James Wicks (Violin), Anna Smith (Violin), Ilhem Ben Khalfa (Violin), Jack Greed (Violin), Naori Takahashi (Violin), Marina Solarek (Violin), Dawn Beazley (Violin), Daniel Meyer (Violin), Vanessa Hughes (Violin), Danny Fajardo (Violin), Lucy Curnow (Violin), Rachel Samuel (Violin), Tammy Se (Violin), Caroline Cooper (Violin), Vicki Hodgson (Violin), Lucica Trita (Violin), Raja Halder (Violin), Julian Trafford (Violin), Rebecca Chambers (Viola), Joshua Hayward (Viola), Nikos Zarb (Viola), Audrey Henning (Viola), Natalie Taylor (Viola), Michael Leaver (Viola), Carolyn Scott (Viola), Peter Mallinson (Viola), Claire Mayndard (Viola), Emily Firth (Viola), Timothy Walden (Cello), Tamsy Kaner (Cello), Graham Bradshaw (Cello), Mark Sheridan (Cello), Clare Hinton (Cello), Sarah Hedley Miller (Cello), Michael Atkinson (Cello), Augusta Harris (Cello), Enno Senft (Double Bass), Anita Langridge (Double Bass), Michael Clarke (Double Bass), Beverley Jones (Double Bass), Peter Smith (Double Bass), Chris Kelly (Double Bass), Daniel Pailthorpe (Flutes), Tomoka Mukai (Flutes), Rebecca Larsen (Piccolo), Steve Hudson (Oboes), Imogen Smith (Oboes), Ben Marshall (Cor Anglais), Marie Lloyd (Clarinet), Emma Burgess (Clarinet), Elliot Gresty (Bass Clarinet), Lorna West (Bassoon), Emily Newman (Bassoon), Steven Magee (Contra Bassoon), Andrew Antcliff (Horns), Michael Murray (Horns), Mark Wood (Horns), Nicholas Hougham (Horns), Philip Cobb (Trumpet), Martin Hurrell (Trumpet), Joseph Atkins (Trumpet), Helen Vollam (Trombones), Dan Jenkins (Trombone), Robert O’Neill (Bass Trombone), Sam Elliott (Tuba), Daniel Gonzalez Estevez (Timpani), David Hockings (Percussion), Alex Neal (Percussion), Fiona Ritchie (Percussion), Louise Martin (Harp) and Liz Burley (Celeste).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… continuing on this morning with this recent release, September 7th, from ‘Public Broadcasting Service’ and the BBC Symphony Orchestra is sounding mighty fine!

13 Likes

Here is a clue to what I am playing. Old Vinyl. Still amazing and perhaps not bettered, not by others anyway, imho.

8 Likes

Do I win the prize.

IMG_8038

8 Likes

Morphine – Cure For Pain
vinyl|1993

2018 reissue, coke bottle clear vinyl.

5 Likes

Wonderfull 2CD set from Jazz In Britain.

3 Likes

I’m worried that you know about the album cover you posted.

2 Likes

I came to Yello late having thought them a bit of a novelty outfit. Heard them on a whopping active Kudos system with 2 sub woofers in a huge room at my local dealers & realised how wrong I’d been. Own the lot now (CDs not the system which cost more than a terrace house near me) and this may be my favourite. SQ is absolutely terrific. Turn it up. Annoy the neighbours (even if you’re detached).

18 Likes

Heard the US very first press - the RL cut?

Now that is one hell of a listen!

The Who - Live At Leeds - CD 2 Disc Deluxe Edition.

20 Likes