What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Superb album!

1 Like

Started my evening with this - never been sure why it doesn’t get the respect I feel it deserves. Really like both the Tin Machine albums but hey ho….

18 Likes

Both albums are outstanding plus the two live albums - a great era in the Bowie catalogue.

5 Likes

Couldn’t agree more - such a tight little band - really quite basic and no frills! Brilliant

1 Like

Sticking with Mr Bowie - this was my favourite for many years….

David Bowie …. Diamond Dogs

31 Likes

Always nice to hear Rod Stewart’s vocal contribution on Diamond Dogs and Bowie’s wonderful electric lead guitar on Sweet Thing.

4 Likes

Low on 1982 Japanese vinyl. My favourite copy!

31 Likes

I think this is turning into a bit of a Bowie appreciation thread

:smile:

5 Likes

‘Schizophrenia’ – Wayne Shorter

Late ‘60s follow up to ‘Adam’s Apple’ given the Tone Poet treatment.

Fabulous line up accompanying Shorter; Curtis Fuller – trombone; James Spaulding – flute, alto saxophone, Herbie Hancock – piano, Ron Carter – bass, Joe Chambers – drums.

Picked up my copy today and giving it a first play on a slightly different set up. Currently using a NAP250 while an issue with my NAP300 is investigated.

Impressed by the album - and the 250.

15 Likes

Bit chill here at 850m but warmed by a hearty rustic meal now listening to top notch piano trio jazz from Keith Jarrett & Co. Always Let me Go - my fave of his later live recordings. CD Rip via HiRes portable. Consummate.

Always_Let_Me_Go

7 Likes

Kraftwerk - The Mix - CD

Must have listened to this many hundred’s of times, pressing play :arrow_forward:

17 Likes

This on the car stereo. I installed new speakers and isolation last year. Now it plays pretty decent. Parked for the evening east of Bolzano in Italy. Rain outside.

9 Likes

Into a U2 love-fest tonight … Boy from 1980.

21 Likes

Well I’m still sticking to Mr B!

Another album that divides opinion but some great tunes etc….

David Bowie - Lodger

19 Likes

Syd Arthur - Sound Mirror

Great: album, band name, formed in Canterbury, on Harvest Records, Kate Bush’s nephew in the band. Lovely album cover.

I went over to Abbot’s Cliff the other day to view the album cover location.

7 Likes

Elton John - Elton John.

20 Likes

Great band, especially live, saw them a couple of times. Alas, although their website is still up, they seem to have done nothing for a long time now. :pensive:

1 Like

Its a great album.

2 Likes

Yes I saw them live locally at Ramsgate. I see Raven Bush is in another band so maybe they have called it a day which is sad.

1 Like