What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

10cc - Deceptive Bends - CD

Continuing with 10cc, this is my most played 10cc album, track 9 Feel the Benefit, Pts. 1-3 is a big fav of mine.

20 Likes

The Beatles - Rubber Soul

I slipped back into the ‘60s for this masterpiece. Playing my vinyl copy from late ‘70s or early ‘80s. What a superbly enjoyable album this is; there’s no space for fillers, just 100% pure gold.

27 Likes

8 Likes

This always been a great recording but I have never heard it sound quite as good as on this Craft Dmall Batch 100% analogue LP:

14 Likes

Tom Scott & the LA Express

Tom Scott - Saxophone, Woodwind
Larry Carlton - Guitar
Max Bennett - Bass
John Guerin - Drums
Joe Sample- Keyboards

A great jazz fusion album with gorgeous Fender Rhodes and the leaders sax spiced with Larry Carlton’s guitar.

9 Likes

thanks for posting this …this went under the radar and would have passed me by if you hadn’t posted it. Always great to have another Harry Manx album.

The Beatles - Sgt Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band - 2 CD Anniversary Edition

27 Likes

Nick Cave and Warren Ellis - Australian Carnage

Live performance by Cave and Ellis in the Sidney Opera House. Setlist from the last 2 albums Ghosteen and Carnage.

14 Likes

I know a few people who want this re-released on vinyl as they missed out on the short original pressing. A very very good album.

2 Likes

Annette Peacock - I’m The One

IMG_8044

A Mainman artiste.

“At that time Mick Ronson and David Bowie were both enamoured with an album called ‘I’m The One’ by Annette Peacock, who was a pioneer of electronic music and one of the first musicians to combine her voice with one of the original Moog synthesiser prototypes, given to her by inventor Robert Moog.

Bowie thought it would be great to have Annette join The Spiders From Mars as keyboard player for their US tour but she declined the invitation, suggesting Mike Garson, who played piano and organ on ‘I’m The One’ with Annette”

5 Likes

Ry Cooder / Paris, Texas. CD rip. Not listened to this in ages and had forgotten how good it is.

16 Likes

I remember this as the ‘album of the month’ (that I tended to buy unheard!) in one of the hi-fi mags in the early 90’s and it has remained one of my favourite latin American jazz albums.
Reunion by Paquito D’Rivera featuring Arturo Sandoval, just brilliant.

4 Likes

You & Me (extended remix) - KC Lights - Toolroom House Party

Some really good stuff on this album so far.

1 Like

Fabulous early pressing of this classic

18 Likes

Strangely I remember a time when this was actually a “cool” album.

Lonely Sky was the ear worm that led me hearing the line “winter’s here and summer’s really over” being looped in my brain today.

.sjb

6 Likes

U2 time … what album!

24 Likes

Peter Green - In The Skies.

16 Likes

Magic! Got it scheduled to record, tomorrow Film 4 :+1:

1 Like

It still is, there just aren’t so many cool people to appreciate it anymore.

2 Likes

Lou Reed - New York.

24 Likes