What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

2011 Analogue Productions 45rpm vinyl… :notes: :sunglasses: :+1:t3: :grinning:

17 Likes

Miles Davis Quintet Miles Smiles / 1998 Columbia / Austria CD / CK65682

Miles Davis Trumpet
Herbie Hancock Piano
Wayne Shorter Tenor Saxophone
Ron Carter Bass
Tony Williams Drums

Another spin of this new addition to the collection.

13 Likes

I have the BBA live Japanese import (double vinyl). Played just once to keep it “mint”. I assume this is the same concert. Was lucky to see them live on both their UK tours (Manchester Free Trade Hall and Stretford Hard Rock). I think I still have the ticket stubs somewhere.

3 Likes

IMG_2012

Johann Johannsson - Fordlandia. Electronic / modern classical. A sublime piece of music.

6 Likes

Yes it’s the same album - that must have been something seeing BBA live.

Pink Floyd - The Division Bell.
2014 20th Anniversary reissue, on vinyl… :notes: :grinning: :+1:t3: :sunglasses:

30 Likes

Liberty NY mono pressing.

10 Likes

Playing on Vinyl…Love the album cover just so sleazy …Soft Cell woud have approved

5 Likes

Steve Hackett - Foxtrot at Fifty + Hackett Highlights: Live in Brighton 2022

16 Likes

.sjb

17 Likes

10 Likes

Pharoah Sanders - Pharoah

From 1977 this album is superb with beautiful guitar playing from Tisziji Muñoz.

11 Likes

Streaming but Tone Poet 2LPs on order. Good memories of seeing Lovano and Scofield in a quartet performance in a club, back in the day. Bill Stewart on drums that time, I recall.

3 Likes

For the love of god.

4 Likes

New Order - Technique - 1989

Seems appropriate as I am reading a book about Factory Records at the moment, all those great Peter Saville covers! As he said some years later, ‘I’d moved on from being interested in 80s consumer products and had begun going to Pimlico Road to look at antique shops. Which was where I saw the cherub statue we used on Technique . It was a garden ornament and we rented it for the shoot. It’s a very bacchanalian image, which fitted the moment just before the last financial crash and the new drug-fuelled hedonism involved in the music scene. It’s also my first ironic work: all the previous sleeves were in some way idealistic and utopian.’

18 Likes

7 Likes

AC/DC - Highway To Hell - CD

Bon Scotts Final Album for AC/DC

25 Likes

Joshua Bell. Lovely imho.

"Named the Music Director of the Academy of St Martin in the Fields in 2011, he is the only person to hold this post since Sir Neville Marriner formed the orchestra in 1958, and recently renewed his contract through 2023. "

6 Likes

Chris Stapleton - From A Room: Volume 1

15 Likes

Stereolab - Dots And Loops - 1997

One of those go-to albums after a hard weeks toil :grinning:

11 Likes