What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Playing on CD

702d80eaa1c34f77cf8f15a704cf26fb

8 Likes

Floyd - Is There Anybody Out There? - 2000

Forgot I had this CD, recorded 1980/81 before the big break-up of course.

7 Likes

Interesting - plus probably the most used location for album covers in the UK - just see part of Dungeness power station in the back ground a short jaunt from Canterbury.

2 Likes

Hank Mobley Dippin’ / 2006 Blue Note / EU CD / RVG Edition / 094635550825

Hank Mobley Tenor Saxophone
Lee Morgan Trumpet
Harold Mabern Jr. Piano
Larry Ridley Bass
Billy Higgins Drums

14 Likes

Locale of many a crime novel too!

1 Like

Postal booty. Going with Nick.

14 Likes

Johnny Cash - At Folsom Prison

Wishing everyone a lovely weekend :smiling_face:

20 Likes

Glad to hear it. :slight_smile:

Anouar Brahem - The Astounding Eyes of Rita

I assume it was @seakayaker who introduced this to us. I must have saved it as a Qobuz favourite at the time, but don’t remember playing it and I would certainly have remembered. An astonishing album.

15 Likes

My cover of this one was signed for me by Joe at the G3 Concert in Birmingham a few years ago.
It is a superb album.

3 Likes

@Cmax I saw Joe at the Hammersmith Odean on 25th May 1990 touring the album with Stu Hamm on bass and Jonathan Mover on drums.

Two things stuck in my mind apart from the amazing guitar playing.

Stu Hamm started a bass solo that got the bums rush from the audience but by the end everyone was on their feet and seats cheering him on.

At the end of the show Jonathan Mover had given it his all he was so exhausted Joe and Stu had to take him, an arm round each shoulder feet dragging along the floor, off stage.

1 Like

The Roy Hargrove Quintet earfood / 2008 EmArcy / EU CD / 0602517641815

Roy Hargrove Trumpet, Flugelhorn
Gerald Clayton Piano
Justin Robinson Alto Sax, Flute
Danton Boller Bass
Montez Coleman Drums

7 Likes

First play and sounding wonderful!

2013 MOFI remastered reissue, on vinyl… :sunglasses: :notes: :grinning: :+1:t3:

21 Likes

I also saw G3 with Joe Satriani, John Petrucci and Paul Gilbert at ‘’ Capitol de Quebec’'. Luckily, Mike Portnoy was at the drum. Awesome show! :grin:

1 Like

1962 - Thanks to Gavreid on another place.:sunglasses:

6 Likes

That First Aid Kit record, “Stay Gold” is a true masterpiece, one of my favourite records.

Nice haul.

5 Likes

Wow! That’s a great story and an experience you will never forget, thank you for sharing this.

I haven’t had the pleasure of seeing Joe live, usual things, wrong time and place etc, but have his entire back catalogue, he’s certainly amazing.

1 Like

2022 Acoustic Sounds Series vinyl reissue… :sunglasses: :notes: :grinning: :+1:t3:

15 Likes

A bit of Eliane.

5 Likes

Steve Vai - Passion And Warfare - CD

11 Likes