What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Agreed although I’d also add Welcome - McLaughlin’s influence is ‘welcome’ I think.

1 Like

Agreed, the production on some of his albums is outstanding … … … here’s another favourite of mine. :musical_note: :notes: :sunglasses:

Mamouna - Bryan Ferry.

15 Likes

More reading about Brian and The Beach Boys, whilst absorbing Vol.3 of Andrew Hickey’s excellent career spanning commentary.

Imagination - Brian Wilson DTS (1998).

6 Likes

Something to liven up a Saturday afternoon

Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers - Greatest Hits

18 Likes

I’ll give that one a play thanks.
My renewed interest in the man started after seeing him at Glastonbury in 2014, nudging 70, but what a performer. He went down an absolute storm.

2 Likes

Pretenders - Relentless

9 Likes

Joe Walsh - Analog Man - CD

14 Likes

As recently posted by @anon66195540.
I have an hour or so to myself as Mrs QS, her mother and the dog have walked down the hill into Castleton.

5 Likes

Sabbs on a Saturday afternoon, recorded this very month 50 years ago. Rock on :guitar: :+1:

22 Likes

On the 2LP Tone Poet version this time.

2 Likes

Thanks. I didn’t know she had released a new album. Ordered.

1 Like

Crusaders - Street Life.

19 Likes

On CD:-

Vivaldi - The Four Seasons - Anne-Sophie Mutter

9 Likes

Just Finished

Matthew Halsall - An Ever Changing View

Streamed on Qobuz (96/24)… eased into this Saturday morning with Matthew and a beautiful way to start the day!

16 Likes

Lambchop - Is A Woman. The follow up to their masterpiece, Nixon, this is more laid back than Nixon but is still a melancholic delight.

10 Likes

Anouar Brahem Trio - Astrakan Cafe

Anouar Brahem (Oud), Barbaros Erköse (Clarinet) and Lassad Hosni (Bendir, Darbouka).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)…. continuing on this Saturday morning, with Anouar, Barbaros and Lassad and they are they are sounding sublime! It is one beautiful day inside and outside!

12 Likes

Tusk from 1979 up next.
Always found the production of this album a bit ‘off’? Anyone else in the same boat?

22 Likes

Still enjoying finding all these new recordings of Les Quattro Stagioni.
Thank you @dav301 for this one. Most enjoyable…

Anne-Sophie Mutter also recorded a version with the Vienna Philharmonic under HVK, which I am also looking forward to listening to again later this week😊

9 Likes

Paul McCartney - Off The Ground - CD

Always thought this was an underrated album, Macca with Elvis Costello.

9 Likes

The Doobie Brothers - The Captain and Me.

15 Likes