What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

To quote Rolling Stone “…uniformly eccentric and uncompromising, savage and beautiful, literate and guttural.” Across a dozen albums Allen has produced wonderful music that could only be made in America. Attached to this one because it’s the first of his I bought but all his albums are terrific imo. Too lazy to dig the vinyl out so Qobuz.

7 Likes

Sting - The Dream of the Blue Turtles - 1985

The great band around him makes this a winner.

23 Likes

Great album from a great artiste

3 Likes

1952 (‘56 cover) // 1985 reissue.

15 Likes

Victor Wooten: A Show of Hands

5 Likes

Dead Can Dance - Spiritchaser

14 Likes

Pet Shop Boys - Introspective - CD - Further Listening 2 disc set

14 Likes

‘A Salty Dog’ - Procol Harum

Superb album - worth purchasing for the title track alone.

19 Likes

Heron Oblivion | 2016
Their eponymous debut of fine contemporary bay area psychedelic rock, so well described on here back in the day by @BruceW

6 Likes

I don’t really care for Lindsay banging on cardboard boxes. I have stripped out his homemade production songs which makes for a better listen.

3 Likes

…and suddenly Mr. Coltrane and band are playing live in my living room! Great job from Chad and the AS team on this one

15 Likes

That must be a re-make. I have the EMI LP that A-SM made as a teenager with her original mentor, Herbert von Karajan (conducting the Vienna Philharmonic).

(Apologies to Quick Sticks, who has mentioned this above!)

Just been listening to the very avant-garde magnetic “music” of the MRI scanner! :grinning: Great rhythms but not much in the way of melody.

2 Likes

Great debut with the much underrated Kenny Dorham.

16 Likes

Pet Sounds - DVD-a (5.1, stereo and mono mixes. All excellent)

Andrew Hickey Vol.1. again.

10 Likes

Buddy Holly - The Chirping Crikets.

Just been watching a documentary on TV about Buddy Holly. A very talented man with some very good people around him.

10 Likes

The Black Angels | Passover | 2015
Just fabulous hard hitting psycehedelic rock going hard on the Vietnam War. One of my favoutite contempary psyhche rock outfits.

3 Likes

Couple of earlier posts reminded me that I haven’t listened to this beauty in a while

24 Likes

Snap!

24 Likes

Christone “Kingfish” Ingram - Live In London

13 Likes