What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Oh! Factory Records! From December 1980, this is the 2-LP set A Factory Quartet, with The Durutti Column, Kevin Hewick, Blurt and The Royal Family & The Poor each getting a side. The three Durutti tracks on the first side are just outstanding:

7 Likes

In The Garden Of Eden!

3 Likes

Led Zeppelin - Any Port in a Storm

I’ve heard (and own) some pretty dreadful Led Zeppelin bootlegs, but this is considerably better all round.

9 Likes

Grover Washington Jr. Reed Seed / 2009 Verve / US CD / M7910R1

5 Likes

One of the best boots from the '73 UK “back to the colleges” tour @Clive. One of the best of 1973 full stop!

2 Likes

OMD - Architecture and Morality
The Buggles - The Age of Plastic

Wishing everyone a lovely weekend :smiling_face:

12 Likes

“The Montenegro-born classical guitarist Milo≈ Karadaglić is in many ways the ideal interpreter of Rodrigo’s brand of Spanish musical nationalism. That’s because, as evinced by his previous two releases for Deutsche Grammophon and live concert performances, his playing is the epitome of passion tempered by elegance. And what is Rodrigo’s Concierto de Aranjuez if not flamenco passion tempered by classical elegance?”. Gramophone review.

2 Likes

Johnny ‘Hammond’ Smith - Gears

A Mizell brothers production from 1975 - so you know what to expect.

The Hi-Res with sublime on Qobuz is £2.49 which turns a brilliant album into a better brilliant album.

3 Likes

I’ve no idea what dEUS did after Worst Case Scenario but this, their debut, is a quirky joy worthy of a play on Stuart Maconie’s Freak Zone. Terrific. I have the CD but playing in Qobuz.

2 Likes

All Cried Out - Fink - Biscuits For Breakfast

9 Likes

Sadler Vaden

2 Likes

Thank You -(R.J. Reynolds) - Chris Jones - Roadhouses & Automobiles

8 Likes

On double CD, enrobed in a lavish 10-inch square hardback book, this is James Nice’s immaculate 40th Anniversary edition of the 1980 Les Disques Du Crepuscule tape, From Brussels With Love.

This is my favourite compilation ever, and I remember buying it when it came out, just after my 18th birthday in November 1981. I still have that original cassette-in-a-wallet, and it still plays just fine! Anyway, this 40th birthday version contains the original music from the tape, plus another CD’s worth of bonus material.

Artists featured: Kevin Hewick & New Order (their first-ever recording, made just weeks after ian Curtis’ suicide which ended Joy Division); John Foxx; Thomas Dolby; Harold Budd; Gavin Bryars; ACR; Durutti Column; Josef K; Michael Nyman; Brian Eno & Phill Niblock; Martin Hannett; Jeanne Moreau; Richard Jobson; Bill Nelson; Radio Romance; The Names; Der Plan; BC Gilbert & Graham Lewis; Tuxedomoon; AK Sak Maboul; Karel Goeyvaerts; Marguerite Duras; Repetition; and Digital Dance.

12 Likes

Just time for a blast of synth before the England game, Visage from 1980.

17 Likes

Kevin Coyne. Marjory Razor Blade
A favourite of mine for 50 years and gets better the more I hear it. I don’t use the word lightly but it’s a masterpiece imo.

12 Likes

Ooh, i like that :+1:

1 Like

A single from earlier this year, hopefully an album.

7 Likes

Keith Don’t Go (Ode to the Glimmer Twin) - Nils Lofgren - Acoustic Live

18 Likes

1st run, nice funky

5 Likes

Looks like your wish will be coming true

8 Likes