What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Dougie MacLean

A Robert Burns Selection

Edward

9 Likes

Deathcore prog would be a more appropriate description of Slice the cake…:joy:. No lullabies.

You are probably right, I am not so much into this type of sub genre indications……, but definitely south from a couple of others……, nevertheless a masterpiece

More electronica, this time on vinyl…

7 Likes

Next up ….

Kate Bush - Aerial (disc 2)

23 Likes

Just because it’s a really enjoyable mix.

9 Likes

Great choice :+1:

1 Like

Greg Lake, the eponymous solo album.

11 Likes

Now playing…

Floratone - Floratone

Bill Frisell (Electric Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Loops, Vocals), Matt Chamberlain (Drums, Percussion, Loops), Lee Townsend (Production), Tucker Martine (Production), Viktor Krauss – (Electric Bass, Acoustic Bass), Ron Miles (Cornet) and Eyvind Kang (Viola).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on this afternoon with this fine album with Bill and Matt recording for hours and then Lee and Tucker taking the tapes and making all the decisions for what would be the final release. Viktor, Ron and Eyvind contributed on a few tracks on the album. In an interview with Joe Charupakorn, Bill was asked, "Did you edit the tapes before presenting the music to them?. …and Bill responded, “They just take the whole thing. So much of the responsibility is up to Lee and Tucker to figure out a way to get it all into a manageable one hour of music. It’s kind of a luxury. If it were my own record, then I would be sweating over every little second of it and worrying about this and that.

I enjoy Bill’s music and first time taking this album out for a spin…

7 Likes

Brian Protheroe – Pinball

The album from 1974 with the title song that is one of those tracks that is too good to be true on a classic album.

Reminds me of Murray Head’s album ‘Say It Ain’t So Joe’ another actor who puts out an album that is an absolute classic.

9 Likes

Felt like a change of pace….

Nine Inch Nails - Things Falling Apart

4 Likes

I have the original cassette of this, which I played on my Stowaway, as we called the Walkman back in nineteen canteen. I didn’t play it often, mind. I didn’t think it was much cop, as I should probably be ashamed to admit.

The new Corey Taylor album CMF2 off my iPhone and through my Air Pods.
The sacrifices I have to make to go on holiday…:man_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

Anywhere nice?

I had the tape as well, but it went missing decades ago. I thought it was an excellent album, which is why I was delighted when it was reissued earlier this year.

2 Likes

Beck: Colors

A bright spot from the dark times of 2017.

12 Likes

Led Zeppelin, IV. :smiling_face:

33 Likes

11 Likes

I should give it another try.

2 Likes

The Blues Brothers OST | 16-44 flac

This is one cheerful album :grin:

You cant listen to it without smiling or having your head and feet moving to the beat. If not you didn’t watch the movie! A classic.

16 Likes