What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

After listening to their masterpiece took this one

Delvon Lamarr Trio - Live At KEXP!

6 Likes

I know the change from progressive metal to chamber music looks odd, but works for me…

5 Likes

Goldfrapp - Felt Mountain - CD

20 Likes

Steve Lukather on form.

10 Likes

Angry - some old geezers.

I think I may have posted this one before, but with my ageing memory, I just can’t be sure. :roll_eyes:

Anyhow … … … who cares?

Having great fun here, since ripping off the bottom E string on my Les Paul, and going down to open G tuning … … … good enough for The Riffmeister, then it’s good enough for me.

And the neighbours are away … … … so, … … … LOUD! :guitar:

11 Likes

Now playing…

Sinikka Langeland - Wind And Sun

Sinikka Langeland (Vocals, Kantele, Jew’s Harp), Mathias Eick (Trumpet), Trygve Seim (Tenor Saxophone, Soprano Saxophone), Mats Eilertsen (Double Bass) and Thomas Strønen (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on this morning with this new release from Sinikka, September 15th, and she and her assembled group of musicians supporting her are sounding sublime!

5 Likes

Michael Mcgoldrick

Fused

Edward

4 Likes

Just ordered a “like new” copy on the river. Will rip it and then make a friend’s Christmas. Cheers Kev.

3 Likes

LP - Naive 2021 : )

Avishai Cohen - bass
Elchin Shirinov - piano
Roni Kaspi - drums

Recorded at Nilento Studio, Goteborg, Sweden in August 2021

15 Likes

Another plug for this, Yussef Dayes, Black Classical Music.

Only took a few streams before I bought the album too. Stick it out and the journey it takes you on is, well, pretty varied, lots of influences that I’m not equipped to describe X)

6 Likes

Audience. House on the Hill.
Great instrumentation, especially the brass and for what it’s Werth the singer is pretty good too.
Prog?

Gatefold sleeve by Hipgnosis.

10 Likes

Obviously new as it was just realized, but also new in the sense that I never heard this symphonies before…

1 Like

Saw them on a bill with Van Der Graaf Generator so definitely prog :wink: They were excellent by the way. Remember them specifically because the drummer did the best solo I’ve seen. I hate drum solos. I still play & enjoy the album.

1 Like

I wish I could have given this post 5 likes! I’m listening to something right now and felt the urge to add it to this thread - your post was the first one that came up since my last visit to this thread

Because I’m listening to this:

CC

7 Likes

Sufjan Stevens - Carrie & Lowell - CD

13 Likes

Settling in for a few tunes this evening and starting with this…

Jean Michel Jarre - Oxygene

22 Likes

Nice piece on this album cover in Aubrey Powell’s ‘The Complete Hipgnosis Catalogue’ book.

The icy woman is Lindsay Corner, girlfriend of Syd Barrett.

3 Likes

Brendan Croker And The 5 O’ Clock Shadows.

6 Likes

You can tell, somehow, that it is a Hipgnosis cover. You can almost date the album by it.

1 Like