What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

TOTO - IV -CD

20 Likes

Picked this CD up in a local charity shop for a pound. Nice mix of eastern/western instruments. So far, so lovely. Prem Joshua & Manish Vyas - Water Down the Ganges. One for @seakayaker, but you probably have it already!

7 Likes

BMW
Babylon By Bus
Island (US)

“Pickin’ Up…”

14 Likes

OMD - English Electric - 2013

Moments of OMD genius on this album, and I don’t care if they did nick some Kraftwerk here and there.

8 Likes

Keith Richards - Crosseyed Heart - CD

14 Likes

Tori Amos, Scarlett’s Walk, delivered whilst I’ve been away working and first music since getting back.

10 Likes

New album is on pre-order, tour tickets go on sale tomorrow!

2 Likes

Playing on Vinyl …Tina Weymouth’s bass lines are sounding wicked

7 Likes

Now playing…

Prem Joshua and Manish Vyas - Desert Grooves

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… thanks for the heads up @Rigsby21, I have not played Prem Joshua previously and now taking one of his albums that is available on Qobuz out for a spin… Enjoying the music and and lovely way to ease into the day. Life is sweet and so is the music!

7 Likes

I might suggest this one as well if you are interested…

4 Likes

Any second album for travel detox is the sublime Mark Hollis.

12 Likes

Wayne Shorter - Schizophrenia (Blue Note Connoisseur)

Fished this out for a spin prompted by the Tone Poet re -issue. A 1995 Connoisseur edition sounding pretty good, I may pass on the TP.
Musically superb of course but arguably not the strongest after All Seeing Eye, Speak No Evil and Adams Apple.

Incidentally I spotted this on Prime Video, hopefully its got to be worth a watch

Zero Gravity is a cinematic ode to jazz legend, Wayne Shorter, from executive producer, Brad Pitt and directed by Dorsay Alavi. Depicted in 3 portals, the viewer is transported into prolific periods of Shorter’s life and how through adversity, he grew to greatness, shattered the limitations of jazz, and became one of the most influential musicians and composers in American music.

:heart:

13 Likes

The Place That I Call Home - Bentley Caldwell.

A fine take on modern Blues / Soul, and a huge forum favourite, back in 2018.

Anyone else remember this one?

Belter!

15 Likes

@Dreadatthecontrols the movie is fantastic, enjoyed it totally :ok_hand:

Unfortunately my Tone Poet copy was horrible

Yes @dave-marshall, its a great album :+1:

2 Likes

Thats a shame what was wrong with your copy?

Looking forward to watching Zero Gravity, its in three quite lengthy parts and quite likely will open a Wayne Shorter rabbit hole for a while.

1 Like

Dominique Fils-Aimé, Three Little Words, 2020.

7 Likes

Tired from a lot of travelling so chilling with Mercan Dede ‘Breath’. Gorgeous middle eastern/electro/beats mash up from the Turkish- Canadian a good few years back. Always hits the spot.

5 Likes

It was awfully warped, I will order it later again

The movie is very interesting and detailed, you will enjoy it

1 Like

RIP John Marshall.

11 Likes