What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

The Union. Debut album.

The Union are a British rock band formed in 2009 by Luke Morley, guitarist for Thunder, and Peter Shoulder, formerly of Winterville”. Wiki.

1 Like

Alice Coltrane - Journey in Satchidananda

16 Likes

2018 vinyl release… :+1:t3: :sunglasses: :grinning: :notes:

2 Likes

Nitin Sawhney - Beyond Skin. Another charity shop one pounder. Not heard this for a long time, still works.

9 Likes

David Bowie - Five Years - The Rise And Fall Of Ziggy Stardust - CD Box Set

36 Likes

Everything But The Girl - Fuse…
2023 vinyl release… :notes: :sunglasses: :+1:t3: :grinning:

15 Likes

Thanks to @BlueCanary for posting one of this chap’s albums. Often think that the music I love the most comes from places where genres cross.

3 Likes

IMG_0639

Blackfield - Blackfield II, 2013 vinyl reissue… :notes: :grinning: :sunglasses: :+1:t3:

6 Likes

Now that reminds me this wonderful album - GonjaSufi; A Sufi & A Killer which I’ll play next :+1:
GonjaSufi – A Sufi And A Killer

2 Likes

Tom Petty. 2 X CD compilation. Excellent imho.

download (4)

11 Likes

Talking of crossing genres try Dhafer Youssef a Tunisian oudist and muezzin vocalist (amazing range). The best for me is Divine Shadows where he plays with a bunch of Scandi electro jazzers. Saw them at the Barbican in the noughties and was blown away.

3 Likes

OMD - Dazzle Ships - 1983

Revisiting this classic after playing their second new single now available to stream.
OMD_Dazzle_Ships_LP_cover

8 Likes

Now playing…

Rag ‘n’ Bone Man - Life By Misadventure

Rag’n’Bone Man (Vocals, Guitar), Mike Elizondo (Acoustic Guitar, Bass, Synthesizer, Electric Guitar), Wendy Melvoin (Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Mandolin, Ukulele), Desri Ramus (Vocals), Sylvia Mwenze (Vocals), Daru Jones (Drums), Bill Banwell (Electric Guitar, Bass), Ben Jackson-Cook (Piano, Synthesizer), Peter Josef (Vocals) and Peter Gregson (Cello, Strings).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… kicking off this Thursday morning with Rag’n’Bone Man and he and the band are sounding mighty sweet this morning! …one 'ell of a voice…

13 Likes

Siema Ziemia. Second.
Just out.
Genre defying intelligent electronic jazz.

Is that the recent Acoustic Sounds LP (I think they’ve re issued it unless I’m mistaken)

(The excellent) Alain Caron, 5 | 16-44 flac
UZEB bassist, Québec magnificent fusion jazz trio.

1 Like

Jimi Hendrix - Electric Ladyland (MOV)

Enjoying this though my favourite Hendrix is Band Of Gypsy’s.
Never quite sure about the SQ on this, I dont have anything to compare, its enjoyable but I find theres a thinness and compressed nature to the sound which makes it difficult to crank the volume.
Its the MOV Authorized Hendrix Edition allegedly remastered all analogue from the original 2 track tapes by Jimi’s original engineer (Eddie Kramer?) but I have my doubts.

:heart:

28 Likes

M People - Elegant Slumming - 1993

seems like this one landed much later, but no it’s 30 years old! Where does the time go …?

6 Likes

The Who - Tommy

Listening to the Abbey Road 1/2 Speed Cut prompted by current discussion on the vinyl thread

Were not gonna take it!
:heart:

19 Likes

:heart::heart:

A couple more likes for an outstanding album. :notes::notes:

2 Likes