What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

It doesnt say, some obscure band, Pink something or other, dont think they really caught on…got in a charity shop for 50p

1 Like

Followed in fine style by the Easy Star All Stars of course…

:heart:

8 Likes

At last this sounds as it should, with the bass present, tuneful and properly integrated. Wonderful.

G

7 Likes
9 Likes

Very very fine album indeed, and the SQ is outstanding! Native DSD has made a remaster in DSD 512

I have the original one to one copy of the 24/96 masterfile straight from SOUNDLIAISON.COM

4 Likes

I can’t find ‘Neatly Invisible Stitches’ anywhere ?

I have the album ‘Stitches’ ?

Barenaked Ladies, Rock Spectacle | 16-44 flac

Very nice live recording.

5 Likes

The normally prolific old geezer seems conspicuously quiet of late…or have I missed something?
Anyway possibly my favourite of latter period Paul Weller albums, Sonik Kicks

:heart:

2 Likes

Now playing…

The National - Laugh Track

Matt Berninger (Vocals), Aaron Dessner (Guitar, Keyboards, Vocals), Bryce Dessner (Guitar, Keyboards, Vocals, String Arrangement), Bryan Devendorf (Drums, Percussion, Vocals), Scott Devendorf (Bass Guitar, Vocals), Phoebe Bridgers(Vocals), Rosanne Cash (Vocals), Justin Vernon (Vocals) and London Contemporary Orchestra (Strings).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… continuing on this morning with The National latest release, September 12th, and Matt and the band with guest appearances are sounding mighty sweet! One fine album…

5 Likes

Donna Summer - Bad Girls - Japan SHM CD - 2 CD

11 Likes

‘Who’s Next’ – The Who

Abbey Road half speed master version. It’s come in for criticism by some on the forum but several of the tracks do sound punchy on my system. Certainly an improvement on my duff ‘back to black’ reissue from a few years ago.

23 Likes

Uriah Heep - Abominog - 1982

I saw them on this tour and loved it. Talk about loud.

7 Likes

Does it sound muddy and congested in the lower registers to you?

1 Like

.sjb

9 Likes

Remember_Shakti

Remember Shakti

Currently playing the gorgeous ‘Lotus Feet’.

4 Likes

Touch - Yello

14 Likes

Some tracks are better than others. I must admit ‘Baba O’Riley’ is a disappointment - at times the drums seem to phase/fade into the background - so yes, muddy and congested. And that’s a key number. But tracks like ‘Getting in Tune’, ‘Behind Blue Eyes’, ‘Love Ain’t For Keeping’ are excellent - maybe because there is less going on in them. The big improvement over my current copy is actually the bass which appears warmer and more prominent - ditto the voices on the last point. The Who always were a ‘busy’ band - and it’s when they are at their busiest that this half speed seems to struggle. Enjoying the LP regardless.

3 Likes

I had to play Echo Beach as soon as I seen you post this :+1:t2:

2 Likes

It seems you concur with @Clive but I think its how it was recorded, not played in a long while so going to listen to my CD, Studio Box LP and maybe a stream to see if they sound likewise.
I think Clive said the muddiness is apparent on his CD which might support my view that its the recording.
Anyway, thanks for taking the time both of you
:+1:

2 Likes

Coming Back to You - Martin Badder - House Party. This reminds me of late 80s early 90s house.