What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Earlier conversation prompts…

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - Push The Sky Away

:heart:

18 Likes

Jazz In Britain - archival BBC shows and all profits to Parkinsons charity.

9 Likes

On Vinyl

6 Likes

Since purchasing his latest offering Weathervanes on a bit of a whim I then acquired Reunions (just as good) and now this

Jason Isbell - Southeastern

Needless to say I think I’m becoming a bit of a fan, I might even have to investigate some Drive By Truckers albums when Jason was a member any recommendations ?

11 Likes

Playing on CD

13 Likes

Colin Hay - I Just Don’t Know What to do with Myself. An afternoon of eastern music - Dhafer, Anouar, Mercan Dede, etc. Felt the need of something a little simpler. Nice album of covers.

10 Likes

Oh go on then! I suppose every couple of decades this has to be fished out…

That’ll do now 'til 2043…

:heart:

30 Likes

Not heard this but I see it has a serious list of guest musicians on it.

I’m afraid the curtain came down on me attending live shows over 30 years ago. Seen some crackers in my time though. Happy days.

Basement Jaxx the singles special edition / 2005 XL / UK CD x 2 / XLCD187X

3 Likes

Great choice, one of my favourite Nick Cave albums.

1 Like

Seen Barbara live on quite a few occasions, always a good gig.

1 Like

Van Morrison. Into the music.
I’ve had better weeks so time to wind down with an old favourite.
Cd rip

17 Likes

Dartmoor? :wink:

1 Like

Another wonderful, super high-energy concert (at Montreux), by the Keith Jarrett Standards trio:

9 Likes

Yes but who is it?

1 Like

:joy:

Pat

13 Likes

By a process of association from a track on the Colin Hay album I posted a little while ago.

16 Likes

Now Playing…

Nils Petter Molvaer - Stitches

Nils Petter Molvær (Trumpet, Voice), Jo Berge Myhre (Bass, Electronics), Erland Dahlen (Drums, Percussion) and Johan Lindstrøm (Pedal Steel Guitar, Organ).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24… kicking off this Friday morning with Nils and his fine quartet and they are sounding sublime!

4 Likes