What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

2002 / Add N To (X) // Loud Like Nature

1 Like

Now playing…

Gary Peacock - Guamba

Gary Peacock (Bass), Jan Garbarek (Tenor Saxophone, Soprano Saxophone), Palle Mikkelborg (Trumpet, Flugelhorn) and Peter Erskine (Drums, Drum Computer).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on this morning with Gary, Jan, Palle and Peter and this quartet is sounding sublime!

4 Likes

King Crimson - In The Court Of The Crimson King - CD 40th Anniversary Series

23 Likes

Thanks @Dreadatthecontrols thats all the encouragement I need! :rofl: :+1:t3: :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Wonder if these next two I’ve got lined up will be any good? :rofl:

*update … yeah, got some potential, could go far?

19 Likes

Nah, never heard of either of them! And don’t reckon much to the covers either :joy:

1 Like

Agnes Obel - Philharmonics

14 Likes

Second copy of the Atlantic75 release: the first had a nasty pressing grinch at the beginning of Stratus. This copy has a slight scratch on the same track…grr…but liveable with - will try the cocktail stick trick later.

Billy Cobham Spectrum

Haven’t compared yet to my UK first press but this CB cut does sound good (and has the added couple of seconds at the very start of Quadrant 4).

9 Likes

Bloodsport for All - Carter USM - 30 Something

I went to see them live. When this track came on it really kicked off… bouncing. It took all my effort just to remain upright. If you ended up on the floor you knew it wouldn’t end well :joy: Brilliant gig!

3 Likes

Now playing…

John Mellencamp - Plain Spoken

John Mellencamp (Guitar, Vocals), T-Bone Burnett (Electric Guitar), Dane Clark (Drums), John Gunnell (Bass), Troye Kinnett (Keyboards), Miriam Sturm (Violin), Mike Wanchic (Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar) and Andy York (Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on this Saturday morning with John and his band and they are sounding mighty sweet! busy afternoon planned and it has been nice to sit an listen to albums all morning long. Life is Sweet…

8 Likes

The Prodigy - Your Love
This was an additional track on their debut single, Charly but Your Love had more airtime in the clubs near us.

And Breath - The Fat of the Land. Classic

14 Likes

1983 was a better chart year than I remembered.

.sjb

6 Likes

Otis Redding. Otis Blue/Dictionary of soul.
Playing some sweet soul music back to back.
IMG_2738

10 Likes

5 Likes

Good to see some Toundra being played here @mkp1969 69, I’ve got all their stuff an must dust them off for a play soon.

1 Like

Roxy Music - Avalon.

26 Likes

Surfin’ USM has to have one of the best openings ever…

“[When you’re younger, you can eat what you like, drink what you like, and still climb in to your 26-inch-waist trousers and zip them closed. Then you reach that age- 24, 25- your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag, and without any warning at all, you’re suddenly a fat bastard]”

3 Likes

11 Likes

Otis Taylor | Contraband | 2012
Just fancied something from OT, he’s on very very fine form here doing his electric blues thang Chicago style.

5 Likes

Tori Amos The Beekeeper. 2005.

I really like this, over long but many songs of real beauty. Atypical of her albums I suspect, but perhaps why I like it. Mostly with a full band.

13 Likes