What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Maybe i should add a like ( and that’s from a Smoggie :+1:)

1 Like

Gary Clark - Blak And Blu.

15 Likes

So Do I :+1:

1 Like

Men At Work - Cargo - CD

More from my youth

7 Likes

From Genesis to…Genesis.

G

20 Likes

7 Likes

Thought you were from Newcastle!

One of the new vinyl purchases made in Bakewell on Wednesday.
Porcupine Tree - Deadwing, playing on Mrs QS’s ‘new’ LP12. First full album play on the new addition😊

10 Likes

No, close to the Boro, but originally Co. Durham.

2 Likes

Who are they and what’s the album?

Now playing…

Herbie Hancock - Maiden Voyage

Herbie Hancock (Piano), Freddie Hubbard (Trumpet), George Coleman (Tenor Saxophone), Ron Carter (Bass) and Tony Williams (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (192/24)… continuing on this morning with Herbie’s Maiden Voyage and he and the band are sounding mighty sweet!

21 Likes

Sorry I realised the picture doesn’t really show the detail.

The band is Toundra, the album is called Hex.

1 Like

It was the MKIV that I listened to, yes with care if your not too cack handed its not too difficult but it does involve removing the casing and moving jumpers around.
Like I said, with my DV 17D3 sounded best in PE Mode but I didnt like the very prominent hiss. That said it is a good sound for the money agreed.
In the end though I felt my system would benefit from something “better”.

2 Likes

Haven’t got an original to compare with but this re-release does sound very good, a lovely pressing too.

15 Likes

All this discussion of phono stages…time to put a CD on! :grin:

We Remember Bob Andy (VP/2CD)

Various artist tribute to one of Jamaica’s greatest singer songwriters Bob Andy.
He will be mostly familiar to many as one half of Bob and Marcia (Griffiths) who scored crossover hits on the pop charts in the early seventies with their cover of Young Gifted And Black and Pied Piper.
However, he was far more to Jamaican music than a one two hit crossover artist. A cornerstone of the music and true “legend”.

Also on streaming.

:heart:

3 Likes

My dealer did that. Ol’ Walls-banger-fingers here knows his limits :wink:

1 Like

Joe Bonamassa,Sloe Gin | 16-44 flac

Favorite bluesman , extraordinaire guitariste and singer.

9 Likes

Me and the good lady Wife were having that ‘best gig ever’ conversation over a few drinks last night. The Fall 1990 my pick.

3 Likes

Essential I would say!
:+1:

2 Likes

Bonnie Raitt - Nick Of Time.

16 Likes