What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Grace Jones Island Life / 2018 Island / Germany CD / 8424532

19 Likes

I haven’t listened to it in ages. I bought it as soon as it was released…. Still sounds good!

22 Likes

Ahh, love it @TheKevster, one of my all time favourites and on my desert island list!
Actually I am going to have to play it now!

1 Like

Pink Floyd - Piper At The Gates Of Dawn, CD rip. More Floyd-age? Well why not! Still think this is one of the most entertaining Pink albums.

14 Likes

Because one complements the other.:sunglasses:

10 Likes

Staying the course…

18 Likes

Pink Floyd

The Piper At The Gates Of Dawn (2011 Remaster)

Joining in the love of Pink Floyd.

Edward

14 Likes

The Blues Band - So Long

8 Likes

Prompted by @TheKevster in a recent post I just had to put it on, not that I needed much prompting! My much loved ‘72 press of this monumental live album.

18 Likes

So I some how managed to create this image!

It was on my iPad but I have no idea how it happened! I kind of like it!

And when I ‘open’ the pic it looks like this…

14 Likes

These guys were my submission to the “Guess the Band Name” thread earlier. Thought I’d give their new release a first listen as my last for today…

2 Likes

1973 - KC // Larks’ Tongues In Aspic

15 Likes

The Staves – Good Woman
CD|2021

Folk. Enjoyable album.

6 Likes

Pink Floyd

A Saucerful Of Secrets (2011 Remaster)

Edward

15 Likes

Now playing…

Paul Simon - Graceland | 25th Anniversary Edition

Paul Simon 6-String Electric Bass, Acoustic Guitar, Synclavier, Vocals), Demola Adepoju (Pedal Steel), Bakiti Kumalo (Bass), David W. Bargeron (Trombone), Adrian Belew(Guitar, Synthesizer Guitar), Steve Berlin (Saxophone ), Ronald E. Brecker (Trumpet), Michele Cobbs (Vocals), Ronnie Cuber (Baritone Saxophone, Bass Saxophone), The Everly Brothers (Vocals), Jon Faddis (Trumpet), Babacar Faye (Percussion), Alex Foster (Alto Saxophone), Steve Gadd (Drums), Earl Gardner (Trumpet), Diane Garisto (Vocals), Gaza Sisters (Vocals), Morris Goldberg (Penny Whistle, Soprano Saxophone), David Hildago (Accordion, Guitar, Vocals), Johnny Hoyt (Saxophone), Alonzo Johnson (Bass), Vusi Khumalo (Drums), Kim Allan Cissel (Trombone), Bakithi Kumalo (Bass), Ladysmith Black Mambazo (Vocals), Lloyd Lelose (Bass), Conrad Lozano (Bass), Ralph MacDonald (Percussion), Makhaya Mahlangu (Percussion), Mike Makhalemele (Saxophone), Petrus Manile (Drums), Lulu Masilela (Tambourine), Jonhjon Mkhaladi (Accordion), Forere Motloheloa (Accordion), Rob Mounsey (Synthesizer), Isaac Mtshali (Drums), Youssou N’Dour (Percussion), Teaspoon Ndlela (Saxophone), Louie Pérez (Drums), Chikapa Ray Phiri (Guitar), Leonard Pickett (Tenor Saxophone), Barney Rachabane (Saxophone), Sherman Robertson (Guitar), Linda Ronstadt (Vocals), Cesar Rosas (Guitar, Vocals), Alan Rubin (Trumpet), Alton Rubin Jr. (Accordion, Drums), David Rubin (Washboard), Joseph Shabalala (Vocals), Lew Soloff (Trumpet), Assane Thiam (Percussion) and |Daniel Xilakazi (Rhythm Guitar).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… kicking off this busy morning with Paul Simon’s Graceland and he and this talented group of musicians are sounding sublime! Always brings a smile to my face…

26 Likes

Given the heavy PF bias on this thread right now, today seems as good a day as any to revisit this box set from 2011.

At the time there were lots of complaints about the price, the duplication of content, and the addition of pointless extras such as a scarf, marbles and cardboard coasters, but compared to the forthcoming 50th Anniversary farce, I mean box, this looks to be a great value proposition.

Listening to Disc 2, the live at Wembley (16 and 17 November 1974) material, as recorded by the BBC.

19 Likes

The Beatles - Abbey Road Anniversary CD rip. Loved listening to The Pinks today, but time for a reset with The Fabs.

23 Likes

All this talk… I only have this pressing and the Guthrie remaster CD. Enough!:sunglasses:

12 Likes

A tip for making money - buy shares in this woman she going to be huge.

Veronica Swift - This Bitter Earth

5 Likes

Lemonheads: It’s a shame about Ray. Love my drug buddys.

1 Like