What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Taylor Swift – Evermore
CD|2020

9 Likes

Talking Heads - More Songs About Buildings and Food - 1978
On vinyl

Not played this for a long old while, and thoroughly enjoying it. First of the Eno produced albums and the band tight as ever.

22 Likes

Beck- Morning Phase.
A60 really suiting the production on this vinyl.
Love it.

18 Likes

Now playing…

Anat Cohen - Quartetinho

Anat Cohen (Clarinet, Bass Clarinet), Vitor Goncalve (Piano, Accordion, Fender Rhodes), Tal Mashiach (Bass, Bass Guitar) and James Shipp (Vibraphone, Percussion, Glockenspiel, Analog Synthesizer).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on this morning with ‘Quartetinho’ released on October 6th and Anat, Victor, Tal and James are sounding sublime! A very enjoyable album that I keep returning to…

5 Likes

Midnight Oil, Diesel and Dust. Happy Australia Day to all the Australians. :relaxed:

13 Likes

8 Likes

Thanks for taking the time @anon10403888, good post.

1 Like

No trouble at all, Steve. It’s an old photo but thanks for the comment. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

.sjb

11 Likes

Pink Floyd

Atom Heart Mother (2011 Remaster)

Edward

20 Likes

Another Saturday Night, classic recordings from the louisiana bayous. This is a CRACKER.
Ace records.

2 Likes

Terry Callier Timepeace / 1998 Verve Forecast / UK CD / 5392492

10 Likes

China Crisis - Flaunt the Imperfection - 1985
On vinyl

Time for another 80’s great that sounds lovely all these years on…
51OJORufCnL.SY780

15 Likes

Philip Glass - Piano Works by Vikingur Olafsson. I just love everything this pianist records

9 Likes

Grateful Dead – The Warfield, San Francisco, CA 10/9/80 & 10/10/80
2HDCD|2019

Record store day release. Mostly acoustic (Phil on electric bass).

5 Likes

Peter Gabriel, You Scratch My Back / I’ll Scratch Yours double album, some amazing interpretations on this album, I can even listen and enjoy Elbow.

14 Likes

I think this is the 1973 one! Just checked- it is- 1973 fifth edition.

22 Likes

Some easy listening, melodic guitar based

4 Likes

Gurrumul, the Gurrumul Story. :relaxed:

4 Likes

More from the 2011 Immersion box: this time Disc 6, which contains by far the most interesting material: there’s the December '72 mix of DSOTM, some live stuff recorded at Brighton Dome in June '72, and studio demos of “Us and Them”, “The Travel Sequence” (an early guitar-led version of “On The Run”) and Rog’s rather prissy solo demo of “Money”, and something called “The Hard Way” which is a fascinating leftover from the aborted Household Objects album - a piece made using non-musical instruments like rubber bands, aerosols, gravel, bottles and the like.

The December '72 mix of DSOTM is really fascinating. After wrapping up recording of the album just before Christmas that year, the group took the tapes home to listen to them over the holidays and all returned in January feeling that it could be improved. The last-minute decisions they made elevated a very good album into a great one. So, “Speak To Me” is missing, as are all the spoken word segments, the explosion at the end of “OTR” and Clare Torry’s vocals on “Great Gig”; and the mixes of all of what became Side 2 are substantially different from the album we all know and love.

All of this material should have been included in the forthcoming 50 box and why it wasn’t is beyond me.

18 Likes