What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Playing on Vinyl

8 Likes

Kraftwerk - Trans Europe Express - CD

17 Likes

Now playing…

Vince Gill - Down To My Last Bad Habit

Vince Gill (Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Mandolin, Vocals), Richard Bennett (Acoustic Guitar), Chris Botti (Trumpet), Bekka Bramlett (Vocal Harmony), Tom Bukovac (Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar), Cam (Vocals), Eric Darken (Percussion), Fred Eltringham (Drums, Percussion), Karen Fairchild (Vocals), Paul Franklin (Steel Guitar), Corrina Gill (Vocal Harmony, Vocals), Tony Harrell (Accordion, Hammond B3, Piano, Wurlitzer), Ellie Holcomb (Vocal Harmony), Dann Huff (Electric Guitar), Kirk “Jelly Roll” Johnson (Harmonica), Steve Jordan (Drums, Percussion), Charlie Judge (Hammond B3, Keyboards, Synthesizer), Kim Keyes (Vocal Harmony), Alison Krauss (Vocal Harmony), Dean Parks (Electric Guitar), Michael Rhodes (Bass), Kimberly Schlapman (Vocals), Phillip Sweet (Vocals), Jenny Van Valkenburg (Vocal Harmony), Pete Wasner (Wurlitzer), Willie Weeks (Bass), Jimi Westbrook (Vocals), Charlie Worsham (Vocal Harmony) and Reese Wynans (Hammond B3).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)…continuing on this Monday morning with Vince Gill with his talented group of musicians and they are sounding mighty sweet!

10 Likes

After seeing @SimonDC play this earlier, I thought I’d give it a shot…

Looking forward to the Queensryche version of the CSNY ‘Freak Flag’ anthem, Almost Cut My Hair…:flushed:

4 Likes

Much derided Duophonic (fake stereo) mixes of Pet Sounds, Today & Summer Days (and Summer Nights!).

US 1967 3 LP box.

Highly enjoyable mixes, really.

10 Likes

On to some Jazz.

Self explanatory.
The Acoustic Sounds release.

13 Likes

CD1 - ‘The Quintessence’

5 Likes

Let’s talk about where we live

Ese and The Vooduu People
Mercury In Retrograde

Hot damn

“Somebody farted…”

PS
Can’t wait for Sheena to be back singing with Ese - a voice and vocal match made in heaven.

12 Likes

Keeping The Summer Alive/The Beach Boys (1980).

5 Likes

King Crimson - Lizard (Expanded)

7 Likes

Reissue of a classic 1960s South African jazz claasic:

4 Likes

Now Playing…

Carla Fuchs - Songbird

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… Carla putting music and singing Sandy Denny’s written work decades after her passing… and Carla is sounding sublime!

3 Likes

Pacific Ocean Blue/Dennis Wilson.

A cut above nearly all The Beach Boys albums from Holland onwards, bar Love You.

9 Likes

Kev seeing your post …Here is my copy on double vinyl
Haven’t played it in years …there cant be many copies around as I got mine 30 years ago
Wishing you a good evening

6 Likes

Another reissue done by Soul Jazz Records - Miami Sound.
Really like the obscurity of the releases on these and some real funky gems on this compilation.
Starting to get a nice collection of these now and will look to add more to my library in future.

7 Likes

Trunk Records 2CD compilation.

2 Likes

Lautten Company / Wolfgang Katschner - Circle Line - CD

2 Likes

Ah well tea out the way partner at her mum’s till Thursday so let’s see (hear) how these new cables are bedding in…

An old Naim sampler….

There’s some really nice stuff on here and not my usual taste but it’s nice and sounding even better……

4 Likes

I’ve been casually eyeing a few of those Rhino Atlantic 75 titles and wondering if they were any good.

Looks good!
Just looked it up on Qobuz for further investigation.