What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

@apye
Decided I wanted to listen, but am too busy to get down the Cabin or break out the vinyl. Then I thought, I wonder how good a CD Player my LG 4K Blu-Ray player is.
So CD is now playing😊

Sounds pretty darn good to be fair as it is playing through the ND5 XS 2 Digital Input.

2 Likes

Incognito No Time Like The Future / 1999 Takin’ Loud / UK CD / 5389472

Sharing the title with a Michael J Fox memoir, this is a quality soul / jazz recording.

3 Likes

Snowy White also on this album from 1979

13 Likes

Massive Attack | Protection | 1995
No reason other than fancying some fine music

13 Likes

Now playing…

Rag’n’Bone Man - Human (Deluxe)

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… kicking off this morning with ‘Human’ (Deluxe) album and the music is sounding mighty sweet! …a late sleep in this morning and taking out a long playing album with a cup of coffee, bowl of cherries with blueberries and banana to continue being a slug this morning, really slow motion mode internally this morning… need to shake this off since I’m due at the gym this afternoon for a workout. Growing old as gracefully as I possibly can… Thank God for music!

16 Likes

Glorious!

18 Likes

Very few people bother to answer the second part of the thread title, while posting a picture of a record they have listened to a thousand times before. I’m guilty too, but this time I can add something.

I love Scott Hamilton’s music, and I’ve seen him play at Pizza Express in Dean Street a couple of times. He does a week’s residency every year, and 2024 is no exception. But with the tickets, the food, the hotel and the train it’s over £300 and we are already doing lots of holidays. So I was delighted to see that Pizza Express have released this on their new label. It’s the same quartet he had both times I’ve seen him play. It’s wonderful mainstream jazz, played beautifully. It’s not the same as live of course, but it’s the next best thing.

10 Likes

What do you think of it? Is it back to the HCE/Raven progressive peak or more poppy like his more recent offerings?

1 Like

Chet Baker - Chet Is Back! - CD

7 Likes

Nils Petter Molvaer - Khmer

5 Likes

2 Likes

I have no idea who this is but based on your summary it is going to get a listen, thank you.

1 Like

Give me skin!

15 Likes

Bill Charlap Trio All through the night / 1998 Criss Cross / Netherlands CD / 1153CD

2 Likes

Do you get a choice of toppings with it?

Hope you enjoy it.

Bonnie Bramlett with her then hubby…….great song writer, great voice.

14 Likes

Yes, the original cover was stunning.
The CD? well If you don’t have the album in any format at all then I would heartily recommend getting it.
I don’t have any vinyl so can’t compare playback on different formats so all I can say is I am enjoying listening to it a lot - it sounds great to me on my system.
It is easily available in many places, even on SHM-CD if you want to try on that format.

1 Like

Mrs R is out for the evening, so having a bit of a Stones moment.

22 Likes

Some more Delaney and Bonnie with EC on guitar mainly at the RAH

12 Likes