What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Steely Dan Live! Northeast Corridor / 2021 Universal / Netherlands CD / 00602435938981

14 Likes

I need to lighten the mood now, so it’s “Pop Princess” time…:smiling_face:

2 Likes

Alain Caron - 5. Brilliant. Thanks to @anon66195540 for the tip.

1 Like

Steely Dan - Northeast Corridor

Joining @GeoffC with this, but on double vinyl here.

13 Likes

I can finally play Blackstar without blubbing. It’s now one of my favourite two or three Bowie albums.

7 Likes

I have Blackstar on both CD and original vinyl.

I am not a great lover of jazz and approached this with a lot of trepidation on the day of release but was astonished how Bowie placed the songs in a jazzy environment and how well they worked - oh me of little faith!

I can’t possibly imagine what he would have produced after this masterpiece - presumably not another “Never Let Me Down”!! :rofl:

2 Likes

Average White Band - Average White Band - CD

13 Likes

Playing on Vinyl

2905_foto1_product_groot

7 Likes

After his concert yesterday

10 Likes

On CD:-

Steve Hackett - Voyage Of The Acolyte

17 Likes

Bob James + Earl Klugh Cool / 2015 Warner / Japan CD / WPCR28181

Bob James Keyboards
Earl Klugh Guitar
Paul Pesco Guitar
Gary King, Ron Carter Bass
Leonard ‘Doc’ Gibbs Percussion
Harvey Mason Drums

6 Likes

Finally got around to ‘watching’ the ‘Ziggy Stardust And The Spiders From Mars - The Motion Picture’ 50th Anniversary Edition.

Picture & Sound quality both exceptional considering its age.

8 Likes

It’s a difficult album to listen to but for me it’s in his top five so I listen to it often.
I’ve three vinyl, unopened clear ltd direct from his US site, UK 1st edition & UK 2nd edition (that gets the most plays).
I think he was really happy recording it with new acquaintances and was thrilled with the result.
If he’d had the time I don’t think he’d have tired of it as quickly as he often did (although he was already planning the follow up!).

3 Likes

First play…

New one from Steven Wilson - The Harmony Codex, officially released tomorrow… :+1:t3: :grinning: :notes: :sunglasses:

8 Likes

Mine’s on pre-order and should be delivered tomorrow :crossed_fingers:t4: :slightly_smiling_face:

Badfinger - Magic Christian Music - CD Apple Records Box Set

7 Likes

New name to me, I love the descriotion on the obi

An album (In Search Of Space) that also went awol from my collection during some troubled times. Would love to get the LP back but decent copies are bankers bonus prices.
Is the CD worth getting do you think, sonically speaking?

Arrived this morning. Quick splosh n suck and without further ado having a spin…

Wayne Shorter - The All Seeing Eye

Its Wayne Shorter, need I say more?

:heart:

13 Likes

LP - Listened to this afternoon.
I had not realised he died in April this year. RIP
Lovely musician !!!

Dusko Goykovich (t) (flug)
Kenny Drew (p)
Jimmy Woode (b)
Al Levitt (d)

1 Like