What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Dusty Springfields Dusty in Memphis

Brilliant. :sunglasses:

20 Likes

Second disc…
Silver Machine without Lemmy’s voice.
Brainstorm (Jam) sounds like the middle section of Brainstorm that morphs into You Shouldn’t Do That.
as with disc 1 rough, raw and ready to rock.

10 Likes

Why? It’s a warm early spring evening and I’m about to cook dinner, and I am from Australia.

Richard Clapton Goodbye Tiger

4 Likes

‘If I Could Only Remember My Name’ - David Crosby

Accompanied by coffee and papers on a Friday morning. The SQ on this 50th anniversary remaster is superb.

14 Likes

Marty Stuart and His Fabulous Superlatives - Altitude
Checking out Chris Stapleton’s support band for next years O2 concert.

7 Likes

Toto, IV. :smiling_face:

18 Likes

That looks interesting thanks for heads up.

1 Like

5 Likes

You might like this review

https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/richard-clapton/goodbye-tiger/

1 Like

Caravan - If I Could Do It All Over Again, I’d Do It All Over You

Playing this because I received an email from Burning Shed advising that this and Cunning Stunts are being reissued on vinyl on 29 October. Obviously I’ll be buying another copy of Stunts, but do I need another copy of this? Stupid question!

14 Likes

Had this on in the cabin this morning for the daily static ride, really enjoyed it and it resulted in a pretty good time/distance on the old Watt Bike, so those soaring vocals and rhythm’s definitely helped. Will be checking out the back catalogue, thanks for posting.

1 Like

Need a few more uninterrupted listens to pass judgement, more HCE than To The Bone.

1 Like

Glad you enjoyed it.

Steely Dan Alive In America / 1995 Giant / Japan CD / BVCG643

Indulging myself with SD playing live here again. The new NAC 332 is really adding to the presence of the recording and making the musical arrangements of the performances much easier to follow.

12 Likes

Jackson Browne

Jackson Browne (2022 Remaster)

Playing the 24/192 on Qobuz.

Edward

12 Likes

It’s one of the great things on this forum, discovering artists that are new to you from the experience of others.

1 Like

James Taylor Live. 2x CD. 1993. Very well recorded with a great live band.

13 Likes

14 Likes

Springsteen - Greetings from Asbury Park, N.J.

Absolute banger!

3 Likes

Steven Wilson - The Harmony Codex

I remembered that I could listen to this on Qobuz (doh!). First listen, but the track ‘Rock Bottom’ is very good, featuring the gorgeous voice of his frequent collaborator, Ninet Tayeb.

11 Likes