What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Playing on CD

5 Likes

What to play on this sunny morn? Some Sylvian from 1987, with a good dose of Sakamoto included, great stuff.
Secrets of the Beehive

15 Likes

Sweet Sounds Of Heaven - The Strolling Bones.

The second single from the forthcoming album, and it’s an absolute belter, especially the extended mix, where Lady Gaga, on backing vocals, just rips it up on the outro.

Oh, and yon Stevie Wonder ain’t half bad on keyboards either.

A stunning return to form.

13 Likes

Thanks for the feedback Wren, will check it out.
I have looked occssionally at used vinyl copies on Discogs, even got photo’s from some sellers but as yet not come across a copy I feel confident in shelling out for.
Cheers
:+1:

1 Like

Michel Petrucciani Music / 1989 Blue Note / Holland CD / CDP7925632

Rewarding and uplifting, this is a fine recording. It was wonderful to enjoy the experience of him playing live at the Brecon Jazz Festival, his skills reminded me of Oscar Peterson.

5 Likes

Well I am biased as they were my favourite band when I first got into music in the late 70’s.
Unfortunately just too young (or having too square parents) to have seen them before 77.
I don’t think you could go wrong with a punt on the generally available CD - if you like the music you can decide if the SQ is good enough or if you want to dig further around.
Maybe others can chip in as well if they have any of the less common versions.

I did notice that no one responded to my request for any recommendations of their later albums and why.

2 stories:
I remember that when I got into them I met a dedicated hawkfan who said you’ll love them for about 5 years and then go off them - I never believed it, but pretty accurate, as levitation was the last one I got.

and when I got back into listening to music after some years I went into a record shop and said:
‘I don’t want to sound like an old hippy that’s come through a time warp - but are Hawkwind still going?’

2 Likes

It has taken 3 attempts today, but finally sitting down to listen to the new Steven Wilson.

I was going to play the vinyl, but the NDX 2 will just have to do the honours. There is simply too much going on here today and people won’t stop calling either.
What it is to be so popular… :man_shrugging:t4: :joy:

7 Likes

Eric Clapton - Live In Hyde Park, recorded June '96.

7 Likes

Freddie Hubbard – Ready For Freddie - 1962

One of several vinyl jazz purchases this year, just got the itch to spin rather than stream, plus the fact my local record shop was doing a good deal on them if you bought a few :grinning:

20 Likes

2CD Warners set.

13 Likes

On CD:-

61KFDRCyqcL._AC_1

Beethoven Symphony No.2 - Otto Klemperer - Philharmonia Orchestra

9 Likes

Think it’s time for a little peace, Imagine is such a beautiful song.

15 Likes

Ramsey Lewis Routes / 2011 Sony / Japan Blu-spec CD / Paper Sleeve / SICP20297

A slight departure from his usual output, Ramsey teams up with Larry Dunn and other members of Earth Wind & Fire to produce a great funky soul jazz recording.

5 Likes

Mark Kozelek - The Finally, 2008 vinyl release… :sunglasses: :notes: :+1:t3: :grinning:

2 Likes

1974 repress, on vinyl… :notes: :grinning: :+1:t3: :sunglasses:

18 Likes

1 Like

2 Likes

10cc - Greatest Hits 1972-1978, on vinyl… :grinning: :+1:t3: :sunglasses: :notes:

13 Likes

Siema Ziemia. Seconds. 2023.

Still sounding fricken amazing…

1 Like

Fourplay Heartfelt / 2002 BMG / US CD / 09026639162

Bob James Keyboards
Larry Carlton Guitar
Nathan East Bass
Harvey Mason Drums

Another spin of this recent addition to the collection, enjoying Larry’s guitar in particular - but frankly they all are excellent, as you would expect.

8 Likes