What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

La traversee - Patricia Petibon

2 Likes

8 Likes

Ten Years After | Positive Vibrations | 1974
Not their finest album but almost any TYA is good for me, so it’s getting a rare outing.

6 Likes

On CD:-

Margo Cilker - Pohorylle

5 Likes

New album from Idris Ackamoor and the Pyramids - an ambitious melange of spiritual jazz with a dash of afrobeat and more than a smidgeon of Funkadelic. Lots of call and response on social issues and ancestry. Malcolm Catto of the Heliocentrics produced.

2 Likes

Just out, forgot to order the vinyl pre-release but given my experience getting Scarlet’s Walk a fortnight late it may not be a bad thing!

3 Likes

Now playing…

Anat Cohen - Quartinho

Anat Cohen (Clarinet, Bass Clarinet), Vitor Goncalves (Piano, Accordion, Fender Rhodes), Ta Mashiach (Bass, Guitar) and James Shipp (Vibraphone, Percussion, Glockenspiel, Analog Synthesizer).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on this morning with this album, released October 6th, 2022 from Anat Cohen and she and the band are sounding sublime! One fine album…

6 Likes

Ravel Schumann: String Quartets - Leonkoro Quartet

8 Likes

Wind and Wuthering. Genesis. A rare outing. Some lovely stuff on here. I believe Hackett’s last outing. Greatly missed after he left imho.

25 Likes

First spin of the LP - sounds great.

3 Likes

A great best of

IMG_0589

Solo Anthology - Lindsey Buckingham

8 Likes

The Fall - Shift Work.

6 Likes

A very powerful album from the 1993. Terrifying, moving, pastoral and industrial by turns; has the same affect on me as The Wall. Sonic-ally stunning as well. A forgotten masterpiece imo.

2 Likes

Ramones - Rocket To Russia - CD

A change of pace.

14 Likes

2 Likes

21IFp6Awe0L.AC
2023 remaster.

30 Likes

Digital sacd or vinyl? And is it much better?

Bob Marley and The Wailers - African Herbsman (Trojan CD)

The original Trojan compilation of BMW’s recordings with Lee Scratch Perry…

:heart:

9 Likes

So, not sure this new Steven Wilson mix of Rick Wright’s 1978 solo album Wet Dream really improves it. There are a couple of decent instrumentals (“Funky Deux” and “Drop In From The Top”), and one halfway good song (“Holiday”) but most of the songs are .pretty dismal affairs; despite the sunny Mediterranean imagery this is more akin to a drizzly weekend in Morecambe. Those who like their Floyd flaccid and apolitical will dig it.

Still, the overall package is gorgeous, and it keeps the collection complete.

7 Likes

Legends - Live At Montreux 1997.

3 Likes