What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Margo Price – Strays
CD|2023

Country, country rock.

6 Likes

Led Zeppelin. Live from 72. 3XCD. Perhaps my favourite way to listen to Zep. Showing they were really good.

20 Likes

Now playing…

Chris Rea - The Road To Hell And Back

Chris Rea (Slide Guitar, Vocals), Robert Ahwai (Guitar), Martin Ditcham (Drums), Paul Hirsh (Keyboards) and Sylvain Marc (Bass Guitar).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on this Thursday morning with Chris and his band and they are sounding mighty sweet! One very enjoyable album…

15 Likes

The Doors | 50th Anniversary (Mono) | 2017
I don’t take much persuading to play some Doors and @AndyP 's nudge earlier has me reaching for this fine hi-res 24/192 mono joy.

20 Likes

Sabbs - Master Of Reality - 1971
On vinyl

The Dynaudio’s are very fond of this album, particularly when played less than quietly.

12 Likes

20 Likes

Uncle Dog - Old Hat

1 Like

Arctic Monkeys- The Car
Luckily the album sounds so much better than the horrid custard coloured vinyl looks!!

12 Likes

Joni Mitchell - Song To A Seagull - 1968

Produced by the late David Crosby.

11 Likes

One of my favourite albums.

From one of my all time favourite musical years 1967.

Sounds as good today as I imagine it would have back then

The Doors- The Doors

21 Likes

17 Likes

Must have subliminally copied @Steve_S

1 Like

Stax hits 1968>1974. includes the wonderful, whatcha see is whatcha get, The dramatics.

2 Likes

Caravan Live at the Fairfield Halls, Croydon 1974

Although I have an earlier version, which is allegedly from the same master, this one from the WDYTWA box set sounds marginally more open and relaxed.

8 Likes

Hobgood + Torff + Wertico State Of The Union / 1999 naim / Austria CD / naimcd038

Laurence Hobgood Piano
Brian Torff Bass
Paul Wertico Drums
Mastered by Julian Vereker
Recorded by Ken Christianson

5 Likes

There were no limits to that man’s talents.:sunglasses:

3 Likes

Ry Cooder, the prodigal son. :relaxed:

14 Likes

Haha, sorry. Thanks for the correction. Have a good day! :relaxed:

1 Like

Think I’ll give these two a spin, big fan of the Aphex Twin mix of Zero & Ones.

4 Likes

Early Paul/Wings as I make my way through this fantastic book with its Mark Lewisohn level of detail, and it’s shared style of writing about events without foreknowledge.

Volume 1: 1969-73.

Not that I usually need much excuse to listen to The Beatles or solo Paul/John, but this book is a pretty good accompaniment.

14 Likes