What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

There is a very good live album from 1972 Bataclan in Paris.

A few versions around - worth a listen.

8 Likes

It’s a fantastic album.:+1:

1 Like

Vera Lynn. Keep smiling through.
Not enough Vera Lynn on this thread imo.
Qobuz

5 Likes

No one who knows me will be surprised that this was next and was about 8 minutes in, but Tony has just arrived so it will have to wait until later…:wink:

9 Likes

A great outing by Edgar Winter on this 2023 Grammy winner of best contemporary blues.

4 Likes

Europe

War Of Kings

Edward

1 Like

The Dave Brubeck Quartet Time Changes / 2010 Columbia / EU CD / 88697843452

Often overlooked, this is a fine recording in DB’s Time series, with the inclusion of the 16 minute orchestral composition Elementals featuring Rayburn Wright with the Eastman School Of Music.

10 Likes

Whitesnake

Greatest Hits (2022 Revisited Remixed Remastered MMXXII)

Edward

8 Likes

@Richard.Dane

Hi Richard,
I would like to urge you to consider whether crass partisan displays of flags whether Palestine or Israel is appropriate on the forum.
It’s far too complex, controversial and provocative an issue with both sides committing horrific barbaric acts and potential war crimes for members to pick sides, display partisan flags/imagery etc which is potentially provocative and upsetting.
Terrible actions are taking place with innocent people being killed/murdered on both sides and I feel strongly that the forum should be a neutral, impartial and peaceful place focused on music, hifi etc and not a place for sectarian displays of support which likely only serve to inflame feelings either way
Thanks

:heart:

17 Likes

4 Likes

Yes, I fear that it may be my fault. Politics not being welcome here, I made a concession to an overwhelming number of members who wanted to show avatars with Ukraine colours to show their support. However, the situation in Israel and the wider Middle East is far too complex an issue to be reduced to a potentially provocative show of flags here.

I would therefore ask that members refrain from using national flags/colours that might be seen as provocative political statements.

16 Likes

Good points @Dreadatthecontrols and @Richard.Dane :+1:

1 Like

Thank you Richard
Peace out

6 Likes

Couple of recent posts reminded me how much I love this album.

7 Likes

Azymuth Cascades + Rapid Transit / 2001 Milestone / US CD / MCD470882

Brightening up a dull day with 2 excellent Brazilian LP’s on 1 CD release.

3 Likes

XTC, Nonsuch. Muso Qb2. Qobuz

6 Likes

‘Expansions’ - McCoy Tyner

10 Likes

Superb album, the recorded debut of LKJ iirc and my first exposure. Originally released as Poet And The Roots on Virgins Frontline label.

6 Likes

So influential at the time. We thought he was some kind of prophet, and his music and views permeated all that post-punk culture. Really good for annoying straight neighbours in the Derbyshire pit village where I lived at the time, too!

2 Likes

Hooray; Tony has been and gone and the Rel T5/x is now tidily and properly connected up to the Keilidh’s.
Therefore, continuing where I left off, I am playing Rush.
From my 40th Anniversary albums playlist via the NDX2.
I have started with Cygnus X1 Book 1 from AFTK which will run perfectly into Cygnus X1 Book 2 from Hemispheres.

WOW! I love this system❤️

6 Likes