What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Still is…:+1:

Give this a go, you should be able to stream it assuming you do .

4 Likes

Belladonna - Ian Carr - 1972

One of the earliest with Allan Holdsworth on guitar I would have thought?

11 Likes

Original press now fetches a small fortune. I got the very well done Mr Bongo re issue for a less heart attack inducing figure

2 Likes

Yes, Mr. Bongo edition is excellent :ok_hand:

2 Likes

So nice I bought it twice! :grin:

Oh! Btw how did you find the Pharoah set?

1 Like

I could only make a short test spin after I got it but was very promising. I cleaned it some days before and will then listen to it completely. I will keep you updated @Dreadatthecontrols

1 Like

Bruce Hornsby - Halcyon Days - CD

7 Likes

Pat Metheny Group Imaginary Day / 1997 Warner Bros / US CD / 9467912

Not played here as often as other PM recordings, this did win the Grammy for Best Contemporary Jazz Album in 1999. Thankfully, the cover had an OBI type strip with the deciphered artist / title on it!

11 Likes

One of those albums where you really wish it was a double.

1 Like

Just arrived at Dread Mansions…sploshed, sucked n now playing…

Wayne Shorter- Adams Apple (Blue Note Classic)

Just sublime and aint are posties great? Of course! I used to be one :wink:

12 Likes

Never mind the length…feel the quality :wink:

I’ll check out one of those Mr Bongo versions of Belladonna, such a great album :+1:

2 Likes

Linton Kwesi Johnson . Independant Intavenshan.
Island anthology from the dub poet. Cd rip.

6 Likes

So many off-colour replies spring to mind, but I shall refrain for fear of censure. :wink:

1 Like

‘Permanent Waves’ - Rush

11 Likes

How was you listening to it earlier, an original? Youre gonna fill me up with envy? I think Mr Bongo is out of print again, hope you manage to bag a copy.

Moved away from Rush, Steven Wilson with Hand Cannot Erase.

This album was first brought to my attention by Kevin @ Signals, but Tony played a track from it this morning as a test of his cabling and I resolved to play it in full this afternoon.

11 Likes

No such luck! Streaming it, but looks like the Mr Bongo website has stock.

1 Like

Soul Revivers - On The Grove (Acid Jazz 2LP)

UK Roots Reggae producers Nick Manasseh and Dave Hill recent excellent Soul Revivers project and collaboration with some Jamaican greats and new Brit Jazz talent.

Love it, well worth checking out…

:heart:

6 Likes

Just ordered the CD, vinyl there too, both at really good prices. Might have to reconsider my decision not to have a turntable. :thinking:

1 Like