What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

For me the first listen to this one…

6 Likes

I have the original vinyl, but was wondering about the 40th on CD. I see it’s on Qobuz, so I’ll give that a go now. Thanks for your reply.

Have you tried her album, Soul? The third track, All About You is gorgeous!

4 Likes

Next up - original US Atlantic LP.

9 Likes

All the Rush posts …you guys have made me weaken and put on this CD and a superb live performance …Xanadu is awesome.

9 Likes

Following Ian Carr Belladonna with a rewind to 1966, joined by Don Rendell and Co on this superb re issue from Jazzman’s complete set of the Carr/Rendell Landsdowne Series.

Great sound and its the stereo mix despite the sleeve saying Mono

Ian Carr/Don Rendell Quintet - Dusk Fire

:heart:

12 Likes

Spirit of Radio’ is on permanent waves.
The majority of my originals were bought at time of release. Fly by Night & A Farewell to Kings were first purchased by my brother and then passed to me when he got bored of them. All of the remasters I have are the 40th’s and there hasn’t been a bad one yet. There are a couple of 40th’s I haven’t bought yet though, 2112 and Signals. I will correct this soon however…:wink:

1 Like

Long time no listen - wonderful voice of Sandy Denny !

Sandy Denny (voc)
Trevor Lucas (voc) (g)
Jerry Donahue (g)
Pat Donaldson (bg)
Gerry Conway (d)

14 Likes

Now playing…

Carla Bley - Life Goes On

Carla Bley (Piano), Andy Sheppard (Soprano and Tenor Saxophones) and Steve Swallow (Bass).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24… continuing on this morning with Carla, Andy an Steve they are sounding sublime… The opening track is simply marvelous!

10 Likes

Bit early for some free jazz? Nah! CD rip of Mike Osborne and top band live at the 100 club in 1970. Setting Fires - yup @Dreadatthecontrols most definitely in the pet shop! Glorious and exuberant.

Mike Osborne - alto sax
Alan Skidmore - tenor sax
Harry Miller - double bass
Louis Moholo - drums

5 Likes

Just got that one on CD. It is a real find - and apparently was in Mike Osborne’s personal tape collection.

1 Like

Traveling Wilburys, Volume 1. CD.

19 Likes

1992’s Blue Room getting its regular spin. Magic.

14 Likes

On the mat when I walked in tonight, couple of days before official release with a thank you note from the band. GTB never let you down. Highly recommended. 3 tracks are available on Qobuz/Bandcamp. Great live band. Great to have them back. CD rip.

1 Like

Carla Bley - Steve Swallow - Duets - CD

3 Likes

Thanks! Are the 40th editions as good as, or better, would you say than the original pressings?
Cheers

1 Like

Dedicated to @BlueCanary

:+1:

7 Likes

War On Drugs - Live Drugs

20 Likes

Ah man! That’s a tough call.
They are not so radically different, but as I said about A Farewell to Kings, my original is definitely feeling its age and the 40th is so clean. That alone makes me want to play it, but there is definite differences in the remaster that bring things forward that you just couldn’t hear before.
On Hemispheres at the end of Trees, the clarity of the individual bird noises for instance is so revealing. You knew they were there before, but the remaster would have ornithologists picking out species😂

3 Likes

Prestige 2LP set of the ‘Messages’ albums.

9 Likes