What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Oceanique - Would the Light Hold Me

Just beautiful harmonies. From Australia I expect @Pete_the_painter knows them he’s from Australia.

3 Likes

James Taylor, hourglass. :smiling_face:

11 Likes

Strange I know, I’m lucky in owning a large CD collection, so want to listen to what I own, and it gets me on my feet… if something comes along that I fancy, I will have a listen while travelling for work via Apple Music, streaming is something I need to rectify.

3 Likes

I don’t actually but I’ll investigate later today. Cheers. :+1:

1 Like

Gary Burton but really a Carla Bley album. R.I.P

4 Likes

Back to Floyd once more……

Pink Floyd - The Wall

But I’ve picked the Immersion Edition and the early band demos….

22 Likes

There really is some good music coming out of your part of the world.

I’m a bit shallow and if an album cover catches my eye I’ll spend time and give it a preview.

Goes back to the days of flipping through album racks the interesting sleeves were the ones I took a punt on.

4 Likes

I only started serious streaming 18 months ago when my second Naim CD player couldn’t be repaired. I wanted to stick with Naim despite that. My dealer, sadly, has zero interest in CD. Thinks it’s finished. Have to say I wouldn’t go back. I upload any CDs which aren’t available on Qobuz onto my Core and use Qobuz for the rest. My streamer/Core betters my old CD players & is the equal, although different to, my LP12. I still buy a few CDs (like the Get The Blessing) to ensure decent money goes to the artists and I still like to read the blurb on the packaging. I buy vinyl of course. I digress so back to the music.

1 Like

I miss a lot of new local stuff as it doesn’t seem to get a lot press these days and obviously I’m not out and about as much either.

2 Likes

I made a few purchases today doing a trawl through the first 20 pages of each category/genre on Bandcamp. Surprising how many of the bands and artists are Australian.

I Get Into Trouble - Maple Glider. Another Australian artist. Singer/ songwriter, nice vocals, quite intense lyrics.

7 Likes

Diana Ross - Blue.

9 Likes

Thoroughly enjoying this. Totally Chemical Brothers, with some interesting new ideas.

5 Likes

On vinyl.

4 Likes

Joining todays Rush fest with this beauty - live from St Louis in 1980. One of those strange grey market affairs that come from original radio broadcasts, from the soundboard so pretty much as they sounded. Ripping stuff.

8 Likes

An imaginary noir soundtrack. Well recorded. CD rip. Would suit lovers of Barry Adamson I think. Great late night listening.

3 Likes

.sjb

20 Likes

Biting my tongue here!

I was at Snoqualmie Falls in Washington state today, where TP was partly set (the big hotel on the waterfall, frinstance). Visiting my son, his wife and my new grandson, since you ask :smiley:

2 Likes

There’s certainly been a bit of a love in Rush over night that scallywag @QuickSticks must be back. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes