What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

The Harmony Codex - Steven Wilson on vinyl, the one on the right, comparing back-to-back with the hi-res version.

11 Likes

The Waterboys Where The Action Is

6 Likes

:wink:

Scallywag!:flushed:
How Rude!:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Richard Thompson - Electric - CD

13 Likes

Woken up and read through this thread and decided to keep the Rush train rolling…

10 Likes

A scrummage of indie bands I’ve never previously heard of do a track by track cover of Smiley Smile LP.

Miraculously, it not only works, but in places is quite transcendent.

(I came across it awhile ago in Tom Smocker’s excellent Why The Beach Boys Matter book).

Portland Smiles: A Tribute To Smiley Smile.

2 Likes

Cheers :+1:

Yeah right…:wink:

I’ve never been a great fan of period performances and of fortepianos, but I Shazammed this a few days ago. It’s a lively, energetic but respectful rendition on a miraculously in tune instrument. To my romantic ears, the balance of Baroque clarity and modern participation is noteworthy.

2 Likes

Now that’s a nice story to start the day :+1:

1 Like

Hiromi - Sonicwonderland

Very different from her Trio Projects, pretty interesting nonetheless. I was surprised by the high dynamic range of this album (14), quite rare these days.

3 Likes

3 Likes

Playing on CD - Just so pure and devotional

eyJidWNrZXQiOiJwcmVzdG8tY292ZXItaW1hZ2VzIiwia2V5IjoiODAwOTA4MC4xLmpwZyIsImVkaXRzIjp7InJlc2l6ZSI6eyJ3aWR0aCI6MzAwfSwianBlZyI6eyJxdWFsaXR5Ijo2NX0sInRvRm9ybWF0IjoianBlZyJ9LCJ0aW1lc3RhbXAiOjE0NjQ2OTA1MTd9

8 Likes

As Ma Rigsby would have said, no wonder she gets into trouble …

1 Like

Not having good morning but against the odds I’m finally sitting down to breakfast with some music.
Al Green. The Belle album.
Usually play his earlier stuff but this was first in my Core library. Spotted an album I’ve not played in a while by a group under the letter B so that is next hopefully.

10 Likes

Available on Qobuz for £4.22

Randomly clicked on this today. and really enjoying it.

:rofl:

1 Like