What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Rickie Lee Jones - Rickie Lee Jones - CD

23 Likes

Galen & Paul - Can We Do Tomorrow Another Day?

11 Likes

IMG_0668

2013 Long Distance Calling - The Flood Inside, on vinyl… :notes: :grinning: :+1:t3: :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Keeping the Rush fest going here’s one that’s often overlooked their 12th album release coming out in September 1987

Rush - Hold Your Fire

It’s a great album imho and is sounding absolutely awesome on original vinyl

8 Likes

8 Likes

Lovely dRy recordings these early RC albums.

G

20 Likes

Just for fun, some great Dutch swing😊

5 Likes

2017 45rpm vinyl release… :sunglasses: :notes: :+1:t3: :grinning:

13 Likes

The League Unlimited Orchestra - Love and Dancing

14 Likes

Another Conn CD of an album originally released on Pacific Jazz.

3 Likes

I listened to this in the car this morning.
Great album, although I don’t think he’s capable of making a bad one…:grin:

1 Like

If you dont already I highly recommend checking the Deluxe Edition for the “Unreleased Original Jamaican Versions”.
A bit of a misleading title as it was actually specially prepared by Wailers engineer Errol Brown exclusively for the deluxe edition.
Stripping out all the twiddly overdubs done at Chris Blackwell’s request to make it more palatable to a white pop/rock audience, it presents a mix that sounds more raw and “authentic”.
For me, once heard theres no going back to Blackwell’s overdubbed version.

1 Like

Coz its good guvnor!

1 Like

I don’t know what it is about Reggae.
There are simply loads of Reggae songs from lots of different artists that I really like.
I just can’t sit down and listen to Reggae for any length of time. I get a few songs in and I just lose interest…:man_shrugging:t2:

Now playing…

Carla Bley - Life Goes On

Carla Bley (Piano), Andy Sheppard (Soprano and Tenor Saxophones) and Steve Swallow (Bass).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… kicking off this morning with another spin of Carla’s ‘Life Goes On’ and Carla, Andy and Steve they are sounding sublime…

12 Likes

This was the first Rush album I purchased (on cassette). I too love ‘Hold Your Fire.’

2 Likes

Which ones?

Colosseum II - Strange New Flesh - 1976

Gary Moore, Don Airey and others knocking out some prog. Dark Side of the Moog is great.

5 Likes

Herbie Nichols Trio - (Qobuz/Blue Note)

First listen in lieu of the Tone Poet LP re issue. New to me, suffice to say its been on repeat play all day.
Nothing demanding, just some great cool piano Jazz from '55/'56 with an involving groove ina kind of Monk, not Monk style if you get my drift.

:heart:

6 Likes

Desmond Decker, Bob Marley and the W’s, Gregory Isaacs, Jimmy what’s his name…
I think it’s like me and Country. I’ll here a song and like it, go on to play more and just lose interest…:man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like