What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Not even in the recent Rolling Stone 250 greatest guitarists!

3 Likes

Been busy, have you? Took your time. Welcome back!:sunglasses:

1 Like

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - Push the Sky Away

My own copy finally arrived, having ordered it on 11 October and delivered by Amazon Prime. I’m loving this album at the moment. It’s so unlike anything else I own.

21 Likes

These 1950’s Blue Note recordings sound so damn good!:sunglasses:

5 Likes

Now playing…

Gary Burton Quintet - Dreams So Real - Music of Carla Bley

Gary Burton (Vibraphone), Mick Goodrick (Guitar), Pat Metheny (Electric 12-String Guitar), Steve Swallow (Bass Guitar) and Bob Moses (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on the morning with this album from Gary released in 1975 and he and the band are sounding sublime!

10 Likes

It’s a brilliant album, Clive. Higgs Boson Blues is my favourite song . Enjoy it! :sunglasses:

5 Likes

12 Likes

Sibelius. 2X Vinyl. I like this guy.

“He is widely regarded as his country’s greatest composer, and his music is often credited with having helped Finland develop a national identity during its struggle for independence from Russia.” WIKI.

3 Likes

IMG_1192

11 Likes

Before dinner chill - I do like some of these Icelandic tunes !

10 Likes

8 Likes

Yes, Higgs Boson Blues is my favourite track too.

2 Likes

They most certainly do Stanley!
:heart:

1 Like

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - Live From KCRW

This one arrived today too. When I was listening on Qobuz, this followed on from Push the Sky Away. I just had to get this too. It’s so weird how albums served from the Core at 16/44.1 can sound better than 24/96 streamed from Qobuz.

Oh, this opens with Higgs Boson Blues too.

14 Likes

Mogwai | The Hawk is Howling | 2008
Just because I dig everything they do. Tagged as Scottish post-rock, they do for me very nicely.

11 Likes

That’s an absolute travesty, who is judging that stuff!

2 Likes

It’s great that you found a safer path to walk and music served it up to you.
In honour of your fine message I have put this on for the evening before Mrs QS drags herself in😊

Very mass market I know, but it’s a start😉

13 Likes

RIP Carla…

So strange; I looked her up the other evening, and as I was reading the Wikipedia article, I realized the date of death was that very day. A bit chilling, but at 87, she wasn’t cheated, performing well into her old age.

4 Likes

My first tonight - something a little different but still with a link to one of my favourite bands….

Atticus Ross - Book Of Eli (Soundtrack)

Superb music and film IMO
:+1:

2 Likes

African Roots, Spirituality, Nyabhingi, Conciousness, Reasoning, Revolution, Poetry and Cosmic Free Jazz

:heart:

7 Likes