What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

23 Likes

Thanks for the suggestions, but I think it’ll be quite some time before I try anything by PJ Harvey again.

Willie Nelson - City Of New Orleans - CD

with a great version of Steve Goodmans title track.

6 Likes

Zap Pow

Not dissimilar in style to Third World

Especially for @twofifty :wink:

:heart:

1 Like

We’re talking at cross purposes here so it’s time for tea and a beer :+1:

Fair enough!

Fly Or Die Live
Jaimie Branch

Much missed.
Jaimie in beautiful flight, recorded in Switzerland 2020…

2 Likes

3 Likes

First Press Vinyl:-

516UPkS+LXL._AC_1

Ian Anderson - Walk Into Light

4 Likes

I agree with @crispyduck , Stories… is totally different and for me by far her best. It is worth a quick listen :+1:

2 Likes

Inevitably. Sounding terrific on the nearfield set-up, great production. Jagger’s vocals are astonishing given his age. This will be getting more plays in the near future.

5 Likes

Buena Vista Social Club, 1997.

At the request of a friend that has a Cuban friend. She is very pleased and a bit surprised of the sound from the Naim SuperUniti.

22 Likes

Playing on Vinyl - Greetings From Timbuk 3

5 Likes

This might be my gateway Stones album, played it earlier today in the cabin whilst using the gym and on first listen thought it was great.

The one thing that stood out was how clear and articulate Jaggers vocals are, every lyric so easy to follow.

Great energy and a real surprise for me.

7 Likes

2 Likes

Gershwin: Rhapsody in Blue & Piano Concerto - Baltimore Symphony Orchestra, Jean-Yves Thibaudet & Marin Alsop.

2 Likes

As I settle down for my evening session… missing my other half as she has gone off with her brother and mother for probably the last holiday for mum to the highlands of Scotland…. Feel like I need something to cheer me up so……

The Prodigy - The Fat Of The Land

Bouncing!!

17 Likes

Portraits in Blue (Instrumental) - Marcus Roberts

The Gershwin tour continues but now with an amazing Jazz version. Loved this!

3 Likes

3 Likes

The four best compact discs in the world.

26 Likes