What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

The Black Keys | El Camino | 2011
These two boys always make some fine blusey rock sounds.

13 Likes

The Devine Comedy - Absent Friends - CD

9 Likes

LP - Blue Note tone poet 2022 reissue : )

Stanley Turrentine - tenor saxophone
Blue Mitchell - trumpet
James Spaulding - alto saxophone
Pepper Adams - baritone saxophone
McCoy Tyner - piano
Grant Green - guitar
Bob Cranshaw - bass, electric bass
Mickey Roker - drums

Recorded at Van Gelder Studio, Englewood Cliffs, NJ on 1st July 1966

13 Likes

Cowboy Junkies - vinyl issue of their 1996 album, Lay it down. I pre-ordered this in July, but after a couple of delays it finally arrived today… I’m looking forward to giving it a listen in a short while…

13 Likes

That is a super album. As the album sticker says underrated rocking masterpiece- it is indeed.

3 Likes

3 Likes

Keeping the BPM count up…

Pendulum - In Silico

The Doors | 1967
No reason other than I really needed to hear some Doors and this 50th anniversary Mono hits that spot

20 Likes

LP - Blue Note (tone poet) 2023 reissue : )

Stanley Turrentine - tenor saxophone
Lee Morgan - trumpet
McCoy Tyner - piano
Bob Cranshaw - bass
Elvin Jones - drums
Ray Barretto - conga

Recorded at Van Gelder Studio, Englewood Cliffs on 4th September 1964

15 Likes

16 Likes

On CD.

11 Likes

7 Likes

U2: The Unforgettable Fire

Because “Pride” will always be peak U2

22 Likes

Santana - Welcome, this is a fine album, but I remember being disappointed with it originally, as I was always wanting another “Samba Pa Ti” or “Song Of The Wind”. Youth, eh :smile:.

15 Likes

Hi Debs and @Dreadatthecontrols

Thank you for mentioning these albums last night - listened to them since then and enjoyed them.

Elvin Jones in the groove.

12 Likes

Just thought I’d giving this a listen after hearing one of the tracks on radio paradise today… so far it’s a lovely album that is keeping me from giving my new Cowboy Junkies album its first spin…

13 Likes

Likewise, i so wanted another gem back then and did not appreciate the musical interplay. Fast forward to the recent albums i find the Santana solo for every track tiresome……and seldom play the whole album.

2 Likes

So still keeping a foot tapping beat….

Leftfield - A Final Hit

4 Likes

I think it was a bit too jazzy for me back then, but now I can appreciate how the band were evolving. Of course, it was not like i could afford a new album each week so the disappointment was felt a bit more keenly. I know we are on the same page regarding the more recent releases. Shame.

1 Like

Sharon Robinson - Everybody Knows

Stunning production, songwriting and vocals.

IMG_8193

9 Likes