What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

I played “Should Have Known Better” to death when this came out. Sadly it was a couple of years before I started creating annual playlists, which I now use as audio memory banks to recall what I loved listening to each year.

1 Like

Something new, based on a recommendation by Ricardo FranassovicI, Absolute Sounds

Another track played a few times during the Dublin 2023 HiFi show

Comfortably Numb 2022

14 Likes

My Keilidhs do have Bass. :flushed:

12 Likes

“There are two types of men: Those with a crush on Linda Ronstadt, and those who have never heard of her” - Willie Nelson

17 Likes

Make that 3 types. :grin:

Evidently here she is today :heart:

3 Likes

The National Laugh Track

7 Likes

Yep she’s aging gracefully and I have nothing against her. Just never took any interest in her or her music. :grin:

Bowie Space Oddity Remastered 2019

24 Likes

I was a bit the same but her early stuff was pretty good and even as she went through her “poppy” era there are some reasonable stuff I’ve been listening to it recently

She’s not too well , something like Parkinson’s I believe, must look it up

She is 77 and has a neurological condition called progressive supranuclear palsy - it is somewhat similar to Parkinsonism, which was apparently her initial diagnosis. She can no longer sing at all.

She was a pop queen when I was a teen, and she was definitely a hottie in her heyday.

1 Like

Issac Hayes Shift.

10 Likes

1 Like

Yes very sad she can’t sing anymore DrMark

Her early country influenced music was pretty good back in the days

I have a 2006 CD of hers called “Adieu False Heart” a duet album with Ann Savoy recorded in Louisiana, Nashville and Sausalito California

Absolutely brilliant , never came out on vinyl must check on qobuz

I found the album from being a big Kevin McDermott fan.

1 Like

George Michael - Older - CD

20 Likes

Tricky providing the backdrop for this mornings training session, gorgeous start to the day.

Inspired a decent distance and wattage in the 30mins.

13 Likes

Bill Evans Half Moon Bay / 1998 Milestone / US CD / MCD92822

Bill Evans Piano
Eddie Gomez Bass
Marty Morell

This is another fine and enjoyable recording for any BE fan to have in their collection.

11 Likes