What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Another spin of the CD for this one.

Title track - yes, muffled quality to the sound, unlike the rest of the album. It’s not unlike some other Blue Notes of the period (e.g
Grant Green Visions) with that flat sound with roll off, maybe they added studio effects to give a spaced out sound.

3 Likes

The Beatles. Love.
Not played this for a long time and it’s really very enjoyable. Cd rip

17 Likes

Playing on CD - Very enchanting @ relaxing for a Monday morning @ the working week

11 Likes

So true!

Delays. 2004. I was introduced to this by a younger work colleague about the time it came out. Some really catchy songs on here.

Faded Seaside Glamour is an indie pop and dream pop album that has been compared to the works of Cocteau Twins, Geneva and The La’s, and Greg Gilbert’s vocals have been compared to those of Stevie Nicks and Elizabeth Fraser.” Wiki.

5 Likes

Snarky Puppy Immigrance / 2019 GroundUP / EU CD / 193483246949

6 Likes

2008 Mark Kozelek - The Finally, on vinyl… :sunglasses: :notes: :grinning: :+1:t3:

2 Likes

I had a poster of her when I was a student. Liked her music as well.

2017 vinyl release… :sunglasses: :+1:t3: :grinning: :notes:

8 Likes

“Don’t sit down, it’s time to buy another one”

Very impressed with this.

25 Likes

Try lining up the Tangerine Audio Evenstar with the triangle on the label - it might sound even better! :wink:

8 Likes

Which is where our conversation reached a stumbling block. I was interested in your definition of reggae, not cut and pastes or vague references of the rock press with ignorant self important journos/critics imposing their own misguided definitions and agenda’s. In other words your own perceptions, views, from your own mind
Anyway descriptors aside its all good Jamaican Music.
Enjoy
:heart:

1 Like

2023 Acoustic Sounds Series vinyl release… :sunglasses: :notes: :grinning: :+1:t3:

5 Likes

Takuya Kuroda Rising Son / 2014 Blue Note / EU CD / 0602537622993

7 Likes

Mine didn’t come with that sticker @Toon, where did you get yours?:thinking:

As much as I’d love to produce a meaningful definition I can’t. If I could play an instrument I might talk about off beats or something I’d understand but clearly don’t. Result, reggae is a simple catch all for me. Similarly I couldn’t provide a definition of prog, or Folk or Jazz or even rock. Funnily enough, driving along last night the Style Council came on the radio. We were listening to Radio X Classic Rock. My wife said what’s that doing on rock radio. If it’s not rock what is it I I asked. She said pop! Which begs the question, what’s pop? It’s all fertile ground for discussion for sure. As for Third World I’ll end where I started. They play a very sophisticated style of reggae in the same way Steely Dan play a very sophisticated style of pop. And if you have a spare copy of the Zap Pow I’m your man, it’s an expensive second hand purchase :+1:

Inspired by @AndyP . My intro to Flora Purim was discoving this in 1974, also with great cast of musicians, Airto, Carlos Santana, George Duke, Miroslav Vitous and others.

7 Likes

I got it from Amazon. The sticker was applied to the cling film cover and not the actual cardboard album sleeve. So I carefully unpeeled it before removing the sellophane and applied it to the cover underneath.

1 Like

I thought that might have been what you did.
I thought about doing something similar, but then thought I’d leave it clean. Kind of wish I’d done it now…:man_shrugging:t2:

2014 Analogue Productions 45rpm vinyl… :grinning: :notes: :sunglasses: :+1:t3:

11 Likes