What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Acting Up - Palimino - Miranda Lambert

11 Likes

Penny dropped!

And yes, most definitely needs a dub from Tubs!

Rewind and come again mi selecta!

:grin:

1 Like

Listening to Vinyl Detective , Andrew Cartmel, on Mixcloud, and this started the programme. Had to continue.

6 Likes

15 Likes

So many memories tonight. Iron Butterfly mentioned elsewhere, Aqualung, and now these

IMG_1368

I think I only have one earlier personal music memory and that’d be a Bugs and Yosemite Sam 45. :grinning:

9 Likes

Just home from work and catching up…
How did you get on with it ?

BW
R

Starting my evening with this

David Sylvian - Gone To Earth

As to why…. I just need something nice and chilled to soothe the mind and hopefully slow my brain down a bit - just seem to be on edge all the while at moment……

And I’m doing both discs so I’ll be gone for a while
:thinking::ok_hand:

13 Likes

I had a Pye radio set in my bedroom. It would have been a bit crowded in bed.

Funny I recently found one in an antique radio shop and thought great I’ll listen to all those stations and ship to shore around the world like I did in 1975.

Problem is those radio stations don’t exist anymore.

12 Likes

Can | Landed | 1975
Late Can, but they never do any wrong to my ears.

6 Likes

I did have a little red plastic tranny ideal for covert Luxembourg, Caroline and London.
My old dad had a big St Michael or was it McMichael, something like that anyway, big valve radiogram with a BSR autochanger and a huge Goodmans driver.
It was great until my very young interest in how it worked prompted me to take it apart while he was out. He went berserk and I couldnt sit down for at least a week! :joy:

2 Likes

I had something similar for a very long time in the collection. Amazing just how full bodied the sound was. Finally had to let it go as the stations gradually went. Is Hilversum radio still running?

3 Likes

Ooh! That’s nice! My brother had quite a few lovely old radios, mostly bakelite ones, he was very keen on bakelite, but I don’t know what happened to them. I still use a bakelite bedside lamp he gave me.

Great soul music is as good as popular music gets for me and this is great soul music with the added bonus of a serious message. Title track is immense. Can hear the waves, storm, ships rigging and the whip. Very moving. Philly soul at its best.

3 Likes

RP mellow on this evening and Supertramp, Give a Little Bit is playing. Strange how some tracks just have to be turned up to hear them at their best.

30 Likes

A fusion type of music, ok not great….

Much more exciting than I expected, enjoyable listen

7 Likes

First time with the 350’s. Wow.

15 Likes

PAUL_YOUNG_REFLECTIONS+-+NO+OBI-STRIP-261144
Paul Young - Reflections, a soul covers album.

6 Likes

Waylon Jennings, Good Hearted Woman. Qobuz.

4 Likes

Gorillaz - Gorillaz - CD

16 Likes